• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Waiting for band

Chessiegolf

Hi. I'm new to this forum posting, but here goes. I'm 65 - not too old apparently - and am having a band fitted on feb 20 2014. Although at 13 1/2 stone and 5 5 I'm not drastically overweight it's starting to be a health issue. Like most of you I've been on a diet ever since I can remember - which is quite some time! Finally taking the plunge in the hope that spending all that money will motivate me to get down to a healthy weight. Would love to hear from anyone in the Lincolnshire area especially, but will be grateful for any advice :p

Hi and welcome. I had my band fitted 11 days ago. Been on runny food for the last 11 days but start sloppy on Sunday, can't wait as bored daft with slimfast and soup.

My journey so far has been great actually. Apart from having a bit of pain where my port is and some wind pain, having a good recovery.

Welcome to this forum, there are some very interesting posts on here. I've learnt so much. Look forward to following you.

hi, I'm a bander too at 18 months post op, having a few issues but despite that love how it's changed my life :)

Hello
I am a fellow Oldie Bander
I was 61 when I had my band..no issues its been the best thing I have done in a while
I have lost 4 stone since October and although I now loose weight slowly I know it wont come back on
I have lost 4 dress size's and am more mobile than I have been in years
Good Luck
If you want to read how I have got on I do have a journal on this great site
Val xxxx

Hello and welcome :D

Back