• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie from Stoke.

Hi Emmaroo and everybody, Im also new to all this,im from longton in stoke going armed to me doctors in the morning to ask for referal for a bypass. Im not sure how you contact people on here so hope this works

Twinkleysam

Hi Emmaroo and everybody, Im also new to all this,im from longton in stoke going armed to me doctors in the morning to ask for referal for a bypass. Im not sure how you contact people on here so hope this works

Twinkleysam

Hey Sam. I'm about two months into the process so might be able to help you along.

It's been much less of a battle than I expected. I thought I'd be made to jump through hoops to even get the referal. But no, I just went in, explained what I wanted and after a few questions he wrote me a referal.

I then was given a number and password to ring up the NHS people with 5 days later. From there I had to wait about 3/4 weeks before I got to see the surgical consult up at hartshill and they'll be doing the op there if all goes well :)

Good luck with tomorrow. I've felt so positive since I started this whole process. I'm starting to plan things for WHEN I lost weight, not IF. lol

x

Welcome.

Hi, I was banded at the nuffield in newcastle under Mr Cheruvu, he does them on the nhs too.
xx
It could be the name of him. lol I've gone a bit brain dead today. He works at North Staffs hospital which is the one up near newcastle-under-lyme. I was told my op will be at that one.

I'm in Penkhull, about 5/10 mins from the hospital. Where abouts are you? :)

How come you were sent to Walsal?

Automatic funding, brilliant! Does that mean someone applies for it on your behalf or does that mean if you meet the critria you automatically get it?

Once again, sorry for all the questions :p

Back