• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

waiting for wls

drylaw

hi there i'm from Edinburgh Scotland and i have been reading the posts here for the last few days and have found them to be most interesting and informative
i am in the process of being refered by my GP for wls in what i gather from here to be a very long process but neverless one i have found myself on
probably like most over the years i have done every diet under the sun and more but have come to the conclusion that nothing really works long term so now find myself on this new journey and hopefully a new me

am interested to find out if there is anyone else here from scotland who has already had surgery or waiting to have

looking to getting to know you all so much better
and congratulations to everyone for all your fantastic efforts so far

any advice would be most appriceated

Last edited:
Welcome and good luck with your journey x

Hi, welcome! You will find the forum extremely useful. Good luck xx

Hello and welcome....

When you say looking for anyone from Scotland who's had wls, do you mean on the NHS?

If so i can't think of anyone of the top of my head, but our lovely slimline Allie travelled down and had it privately and has had awesome results... Am sure she'll be along soon enough xxx

yes sorry ment to add done on the NHS

Not Scottish, but still welcome to this lovely site.

thanks to all for such a warm welcome

Welcome to the forum im newcastle area, but Allie is Scottish im sure she will log on soon, she may know ppl thats been done on the Nhs in your area x

update on my journey

hi thought i'd update
was at the doctors yesterday and she mentioned that my referal had been sent to the community dietetic department as that was the first step and she reckoned after an appointment with them that they would fast track me, :clap: but she wasnt sure how long it would take to hear from them so came away with fingers crossed yesterday and praying that it wouldnt take to long
and low and behold guess what dropped through my letterbox today
yip a letter from them asking for me to phone for an appointent which i did after reading about 4 times incase i was dreaming and all i got was a bleeding answering machine (drat ) :sigh:
so waiting on them getting back to me to arrange an appointement
but at least its another smalll step in the right direction

yipee another forward step
they phoned back
appointment for 1st July :D 3 weeks away

Hello drylaw,

I am new to this site to and i have found it very helpful.
I am at the same point as you but i have done 6 months at the dietician aswell to see if that would be any help!!! Now i am waiting for the wlp to get back to my GP to see what my next move will be.I hope it is not going to take to long before they let me know one way or another.
Good luck .xx Marie.:jelous::553:

dunno about the fast track thing (but will keep fingers crossed that a possibility )but think she said that was because anything they might suggest ive already tried
( diet sheets,diet programs,xenical/orlistat twice
vclds, weight watchers, rosemary connelly just to name a few )but suppose wont know till ive seen them

roll on the next 20 days

I know with my PCT if your BMI is 50+ you don't need to go to weight management or see a dietitian. I read it in the nice guidelines, think thats why your fast tracked so to speak. Could be wrong though xxx

Back