• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Waiting game

Nayla21

Hi guys,

I’ve been reading up for a while now and have decided it’s about time I introduced myself!
I living in Birmingham and my operation will be at Heartlands. I received my appointment today with the surgeon and it’s a month away-5th of November to be exact. Does anyone know how long after the surgeon appointment does the operation take place? I have heard it is approx 9 months to a year but I’m really hoping that is not true!

I will be having revisional surgery as previously I had a gastric band fitted in late 2011. At the time my weight was 115kg and I now weigh136kg. I did lose weight to begin with and went down to 90 kg but after I had my twin boys my weight just kept increasing and increasing. I found out this was because the band started leaking and was no longer functioning properly. Also I had my gastric band fitted privately and that has caused all sorts of issues with the nhs this time round. I’ve been told if you’re a private patient you have to abide by longer waiting times. Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

Looking forward to hearing from you guys soon.

Parsnip

Every hospital is SO different and even within each hospitals, journey length vary greatly. Your best bet is to ask at your appointment although even then... Take it with a pinch of salt.

Not really got much of a clue about revisions but hope your journey is straightforward from here in out x

Bling Babe

Hi guys,

I’ve been reading up for a while now and have decided it’s about time I introduced myself!
I living in Birmingham and my operation will be at Heartlands. I received my appointment today with the surgeon and it’s a month away-5th of November to be exact. Does anyone know how long after the surgeon appointment does the operation take place? I have heard it is approx 9 months to a year but I’m really hoping that is not true!

I will be having revisional surgery as previously I had a gastric band fitted in late 2011. At the time my weight was 115kg and I now weigh136kg. I did lose weight to begin with and went down to 90 kg but after I had my twin boys my weight just kept increasing and increasing. I found out this was because the band started leaking and was no longer functioning properly. Also I had my gastric band fitted privately and that has caused all sorts of issues with the nhs this time round. I’ve been told if you’re a private patient you have to abide by longer waiting times. Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

Looking forward to hearing from you guys soon.
Hi and welcome, I’m sorry I have no experience of bands, revision or nhs after private but wanted to wish you luc, keep us updated with your progress xx