• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Waiting LIst

nuttynicky

Hi all

Just got back from holiday to find i have a letter confirming that i am now on waiting list and it could be up to 18 weeks for surgery.

Now i am going nervous, i'm i doing the right thing? will i be able to do this?

Did anybody else have feelings like this? or is it just me???

If you read everyones posts here, you will see we've all had those questions, those doubts, whatever surgery we have had or going to have. Although I've not been here long, I felt at home because I could see that I wasn't the only one to have the doubts, the wobbles and the questions . . .the fears and everything else . . .so I hope you can see that you're not the only one too.

When I finally booked my surgery, those questions hit big time, it made it more real, made it more "felt", but, I had it on thursday and I made it through . . .something I never thought I actually would.

I think its just fear and excitement all wrapped uptogether it is very common to feel the way you do most people feel like that right upto the op and then some people feel they have made a big mistake aftrewards at 1st but then decide it was the right thing after all and start to enjoy their new lives. Our brains are very complex and play tricks on us, should we shouldnt we, to be honest if there was any doubt before the doc wouldnt have put you forward thats what mine told my husband, he was very unsure bout my op and i said i was content, and he said if he had any doubt in his mind that I would waver on the decision he would not put me forward. x Your decision of course, but we are at this point in life because we cannot do it alone. xx

Thanks guys, I'm glad it's not just me. I know it will all be alright but i think the fear is kicking in more than the excitement. xxxx

yay

not long now, it will go quick. mr reddy done my surgery and 3 weeks out wounds have healed, i can now go swimming, and another 3 weeks before the gym. you are doing the right thing, you will be able to do this, if i can, you can hun x

It's only natural that you're nervous, you're about to change your eating habits that you've formed over your whole life so far. It's a huge huge thing, but ultimately it's a great thing too because it's going to help you get healthy and extend your life

Thanks Paula.

I glad your surgery went well and by the sounds of it you have recovered quickly.

I know i'm doing the right thing, its just the fear taking over:cry:but i'm going to stay positive and look forward to the newer healthier me:)

Back