• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sunderland waiting list

Trina

Hi All,

I've received letter from Sunderland yesterday I am now placed on waiting list for a bypass. Does anybody have any idea how long it may be before operation. Really excited looking forward to a new way of life and health. Some of my family are a bit negative about me having the op.

Trina xx :giggle:

Hi Trina.
Good luck on getting put on the list. You must be chuffed to pieces.
I think the list will vary according to how busy they are, how many are on the list, annual leave etc.
You're probably best placed giving the hosp a quick ring & asking for an estimate.
At least then you're getting the info from the horse's mouth so to speak & shy bairns get nowt lol
xx

yes trina it is 6 months from listing to the op. mine was, im going in 17th may for mine at sunderland. so you have time to plan things and get your head round it lol, good luck. :D

I have also waited 6 months, I was put on the list on 9th November and I have my op at Sunderland on 20th May.

It won't be long I know 6 months sounds like a long time but believe me it has flown for me, Karen x

Hi Cindy, I'm going in on 19th I might see you there, Karen x

wait is as above at the moment, have you had your endoscopy yet? all potential bypassers (and some banders with reflux etc) get this to check condition of stomach before op, not sure how long wait is for that though.

Excellent news and must be a relief to get a guide from those who have been there xx

although I am on the early stages of this process it does seem to be that the average for Sunderland is 6 months from consultant to surgery.

As far as your family's negative comments go it could be they are worried for you and about the operation. It could also be that they don't understand what it's like to carry the extra weight around every day and the front that we all put on to get through each day or the health implications without the surgery!!

Good luck with your date

Thank you all for your messages of support been waiting this long another 6 months will soon be here and gone.

Trina x

Congrats on getting on the list Trina... the 6 months will fly by (wonder if there's any chance of getting a cancellation???)

I see the consultant on the 18th May and fingers crossed, I hope I will be joining you on the list!!! Sunderland have been spot on with their dates in my experience...

Agree with goofy about the family - they might just be worried about you going through an operation, which is entirely natural. It might help them to check out this site and have a look at some of the success stories.

Hope all goes well for you.

Hi All,
I'm May aswell. 15th May :)
I had my gastroscopy in February. So it's about 3 months from waiting list to gastroscopy, then about 3 months from gastroscopy to op.

Just FY - I was expecting a letter with a date giving me a bout 6 weeks warning. They called me TODAY saying to come in on the 15th. i don't even have the pre-op diet sheet yet !

Cindy and Karen - how much notice did you get for your ops ? Sounds like we will all be in around the same time ! :)

my date is changing.... but still in May so not toooo disappointed. waiting hear the date but its provisional for 30th May

Hi Undecided

have you got pre assessment date yet?
you should ring and speak to dieticians either Val Davies/Maureen Boyle re pre op diet which really needs to be started 10 days before surgery in order to shrink liver sufficiently. If you have an email I am sure they would be able to email it to you.

hi i had mine at srh 2 under the same consultent as u 3 weeks ago,it takes 6 mth

hi, I got 4 weeks notice, but I didnt get my gastrop till march, I was actually listed from clinic on nov 3rd last year, They said they sent out an appointment to my home but I never received it. I have waited 3 years for this wouldnt not respond would I DER! anyway I had my pre op assesment last night all went well just waiting for blood results and MRSA to come back, nurse not expecting any probs so see you there hopefully, good luck dont worry you will do fine.

Back