• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Waiting to mug the postman

Colopatiron

Well, this is it. My application went to the PCT panel on Wednesday just gone. I have rung them to ask their decision but they wont tell me over the phone and said I will be informed by post by the end of next week, :eek: My daughter told me today that she is getting married in exactly 2 years time:D:D. I am panicking now as I dont want to be waddling into the church weighing 27 stone. I just hope I will be able to have this op in time for it to make a difference. If the PCT say no I will have to consider trying to get a loan as I could waste 2 years having a battle to get it funded. I know its utterly pathetic but I am just wishing my time away for the postman to the point of obsession, even the break from work for the bank holiday is a pain as it has added a day on the waiting, god, just how sad am I!! :sigh:

Love Sue

xx

Your not sad at all, we can all relate to how you are feeling, and fingers crossed in the next few days you will get the letter u have been waiting for then its full steam ahead for you.
Good luck and make sure u dont jump on the postman 2 hard u dont want the post office suing you for assault lmao xxx

Yes, there have been many postie muggings since I joined mini's. You are not sad, just anxious etc.

Good luck! And hope postie survives x

Yes, there have been many postie muggings since I joined mini's. You are not sad, just anxious etc.
I know exactly how you feel. I just wan't to know what the date of my next appointment is or even (whisper it and turn round 3 times and spit for luck) my operation! And to make it worse, the post round here keeps going on strike :rolleyes:

Is this the real way they try to get us to lose weight - by making us worry ourselves thin?

love

TillyBob

your not sad the waiting is the worst part of the whole process, well for me it was. :)

Good luck and fingers crossed :D hope it arrives on Tuesday for you

I Know how you feel - I was in exactly the same position. I had hoped to be all done by the time my son got married (3 weeks ago) but I wasn't! It would have been nice but, nevertheless, the day was wonderful. Despite the photos! I really hope you hear soon. There's every chance you will be sylph-like by the time the wedding comes around and you will look just stunning in the photos. People will say to your daughter that they didn't realise she had an older sister. Good luck and big hugs, Mxx

Good luck Sue - here's hoping you get the letter in Tuesday/Wednesday's post & that you dont have to wait until the end of the week

Crossing my fingers for you, i know how you feel about the wedding. I hope to marry my OH next year but am not doing it looking like a meringue or any other blobby looking thing...

Keep your chin up, the postman is going to bring you good news and you will go to the wedding looking absolutley fabulous....

Happy postie stalking xxx

Good luck with the postmen hope he has your letter for you on Tuesday

I know EXACTLY how you feel, i went to my doctor a week ago last thursday to get refereed and ask to go private for the appointment (my mum insisted on paying cause she wants it sorted asap) and i havent heard a PEEP yet, everytime the postman comes i literally RUN out to the front gate, and believe me...seeing me run in a pair of my pj short is not a pretty sight.

Hi everyone, thanks for all the notes of encouragement.
I will post as soon as I know. Without you fabulous people this would seem a very long lonely road. Aren't we lucky to have each other:D

love to all.

Sue
xx

Good luck hun!! Shame they can't tell you over the phone! Bloody jobsworths!!! I'm sure the postman will be here with good news before you know it!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am wishing the very best and speedy news for you! I didn't join this forum until right before my surgery so not only did I wait EVERY SINGLE DAY for a letter (it took almost a year from referral to surgery) but I did it all alone because I didn't have my minimin family to complain to! Luckily you have us and we all know a thing or two about waiting, so we are waiting with you and hoping for the best.

Nic:)

I am wishing the very best and speedy news for you! I didn't join this forum until right before my surgery so not only did I wait EVERY SINGLE DAY for a letter (it took almost a year from referral to surgery) but I did it all alone because I didn't have my minimin family to complain to! Luckily you have us and we all know a thing or two about waiting, so we are waiting with you and hoping for the best.

Nic:)

You are such a nice person.

I love reading your encouraging comments, god bless you :)

Well, tommorrow is the day I finally find out if I have funding from the PCT. My case was held last Wednesday and I rung the PCT last Friday but they refused to tell me on the phone, I know it was not personal cos they didn't even ask my name. I rung them again today and they said that the letters went out first class today and everyone will find out tomorrow:eek::eek: still refused to tell me on the phone. How bad is this, I have taken a days holiday from work to wait for the postman tomorrow!! I just couldn't bear to wait all day knowing the result will be on the mat:sigh: Dont suppose I will sleep a wink tonight. I will let you all know immediately after I have called the ambulance and medics for the shocked postie (after all its not every day a 27 stone woman comes running out of the house waving her arms excitedly at him:D:D) It will prob put the fear of death into him, poor soul. He may never be the same.
Just reallllllly hoping for the best and trying not to think the worst.

Love
Sue xx

Back