• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

wants to know in 1 or 2 words how your feeling 2day

Considering moving! (Yet another murder in our quiet sleepy town!)

I didn't do it.
Then again I get the blame for most things round here(no clean socks, hidden toys, etc etc...)

The victim was a 42 year old woman. I did pinch myself to check I was still alive but then remembered I turned 43 last Thursday so wasn't me!

I'm cold and sick of this miserable weather. I want to be outside in my garden planting things and enjoying myself.
I fancy sewing but dont need anything at the moment. I suppose I will just have to have a shower, put the heating on and then go and see my dad this afternoon.
Wish I could think of something exciting to do.
Lynne x

Poor dad. My brother takes him home for sunday dinner each week and yesterday he had been having a slight Altzheimers episode which in itself is sad. My brother took him back to the home, reported to the home that my dad was having an episode and suggested that they check for urine infections, which in the elderly can cause confusion and dissorientation. My brother then came to see me to tell me about it so I said I would pop in to see dad today and when I did the staff told me that they had found my dad on the floor this morning, after he had been up and dressed once, totally undressed not knowing who he was or what he was doing. He had cut his elbow too. Now I went at about 2 pm and this is when they told me about him being on the floor but they had still NOT taken his temperature or done a urine test. I took the test myself, taking my dad to the bathroom and having to take a urine sample myself, not embarrassing for me but a bit undignified for my dad i feel. I think they should have already done the tests by the time I arrived.
Sometimes the home makes me so angry in what seems to be a lack of basic empathy with the residents. We pay over £600 per week for my dad's care there and I sometimes think we should move him somewhere else, but as my brother says 'at least we know that he isn't coming to any physical harm where he is', his point being that there are homes of course where the staff are purposefully negligent and even cruel.
Bless my poor old dad.
Lynne x
PS........ oops ive ranted again in a very wrong thread but I have done it now lol.

wizzbang said:
Poor dad. My brother takes him home for sunday dinner each week and yesterday he had been having a slight Altzheimers episode which in itself is sad. My brother took him back to the home, reported to the home that my dad was having an episode and suggested that they check for urine infections, which in the elderly can cause confusion and dissorientation. My brother then came to see me to tell me about it so I said I would pop in to see dad today and when I did the staff told me that they had found my dad on the floor this morning, after he had been up and dressed once, totally undressed not knowing who he was or what he was doing. He had cut his elbow too. Now I went at about 2 pm and this is when they told me about him being on the floor but they had still NOT taken his temperature or done a urine test. I took the test myself, taking my dad to the bathroom and having to take a urine sample myself, not embarrassing for me but a bit undignified for my dad i feel. I think they should have already done the tests by the time I arrived.
Sometimes the home makes me so angry in what seems to be a lack of basic empathy with the residents. We pay over £600 per week for my dad's care there and I sometimes think we should move him somewhere else, but as my brother says 'at least we know that he isn't coming to any physical harm where he is', his point being that there are homes of course where the staff are purposefully negligent and even cruel.
Bless my poor old dad.
Lynne x
PS........ oops ive ranted again in a very wrong thread but I have done it now lol.

Hy I know where your are coming from my dad is 82 and has arterial dementia and it's hard to watch them fotunatly my dad still lives in his own flat which is shelterd housing and has a good warden but it is so very hard and you haven't ranted it's good to talk I'm sure your old dad knows how good you are to him although he might not show it but he will know take care x

Ahh Wizzbang, It is so upsetting - more so somehow when its your dad - I lost mine just before Christmas and my heart still aches for him. Spend as much time as you can with him because you don't half miss them when they're not here.

Big hugs

Jane x

Hugs to you all x x

sore and windy but have no regrets.

Sleepy but happy (love those painkillers!!)

still in shock but happy

lol,sue,i dont think anyone else ,other than another person whos had or having surgery could understand how important it is to us,how it takes over every minute of the day,and how each little step and hurdle gives us hope and how everyones stories on here makes it easier,,so glad i found this forum to share this journey with,, i know how you feel,feels great not to be alone dont it? x have a great day x

Back