• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Warning for people skipping vitamins

MissDiet

Come on lbs!!!
I thought if nothing else i should write this for all to see.

Okay, hands up, im lazy and forgetful when it comes to taking my multi vitamins. I havent took them every day, maybe just once a week. I had my surgery back in September. No real excuses to be honest.

I struggled with forceval as it gave me severe stomach cramps.. I now take sanatogen a-z.

Well, after feeling weak, dizzy, tired, woozy i decided it was time for a blood test.

Turns out im folic acid deficient. I now need to take extra pills to top up my levels.

So a warning to all who are told to take their vits, please do. Dont be an idiot like me.

I can easily fall asleep throughout the day and ive got that drunk feeling where your body doesnt move the way you want it too

Good luck everyone

Xxx

Get well soon hun, and good on you for being up front and telling how it is. i put a reminder on my phone so i remember to take mine...but without that it is easy to forget to take them.... so i guess we all need to find a way of remembering to take them... ie writing a note, stick a note on the fridge, front door etc... put them by your bed take when you wake up or before you sleep xx

Aw Sam Darlin :wave_cry::wave_cry: not going to say I told you so ;) but I did, lol :rolleyes: lesson learnt now, honey ... keep it up, don't want anyone thinking you may be drunk :eek::eek: Hope you are doing well other than this little hiccup, mwah xxx :)

Thanks both.

Im stupid, i know that. :-(

But i wanted to post about it to say 'its true what they tell you' lol.

Im very well thanks apart from this. Thanks twink for the feedback on my fitness pal :)

You are both doing so well :)!! Xx

It is good for others to see that we do need the vits but not the best way for you to find out hun. Hope you feel better soon and your levels go up.
I keep my vits by the bed so I have it before I go to sleep I have missed one or two since Dec but I am normally hot on my vits. Even with me being good I have a very bad vit D diffecency and am waiting on an injection. My poor bottom is still getting over the iron form before my op lol.
I also need iron tablets again but I had bad iron before the op so it was no shock my iron has dropped again.

I am so bad at taking tablets. I go for days without taking my heart tablets which is stupid but I just forget all the time which means I forget my vits too as they are in the same dossit box. Not good. This post has just reminded me to take this evenings so I will add my vit and some of the others I can add in now too.

Kate x

Even before my op I was a vitamin freak. I took loads of different ones, mainly those which said they would help arthritis pain, plus immune boosters. I also give hubby a handful of vitamins every morning to keep his heart healthy, and his cholesterol down. Every night before I go upstairs, I prepare our vitamins in two separate cereal bowls and put them ready on the breakfast table. I don't need to take so many for arthritis now as my pain is so much less, but I take iron (spatone liquid in orange juice), a high potency multivit, and my one nod to my arthritis; glucosamine. Also omega 3 fish oil for my heart and arteries, and two olive leaf extract capsules for my immune system.

Before I go to bed I take another handful; magnesium and valerium for my restless leg syndrome, which can keep me up all night when it's bad, and acidophilus for my tendency to get thrush.

im really bad i have a two year old and i forget to take my vits and lansoprozle all the time mornings are crazy getting ready to get us both out the door i forget then when we get home its dinner baths and bed and i forget again ive started leaving them on top of my tea coffee and sugar puts so when i have a drink in the morning i take then but i will try even harder now x

When I get up I have an orange juice with my vitamins and let the dogs out. I go back to bed for 30 mins TV then get up and have my breakfast before heading for the gym etc.
It helps me remember my vitamins and reminds me to have breakfast otherwise I'd forget both!
It's all about routine hun.
xx

I agree with Louise, I get up and get ready, then go downstairs. While the dog is let out I pop the kettle on make a cuppa and get my tablets out, it's the only way I would remember as I'm so forgetful with tablets, so routine is very important. It must be hard if you have multiple tablets that cant be taken together and with or without food. But post op are vitamins are so important and i probably needed them pre op too x

Thanks guys. Starting tomorrow (for all of them) im gonna take...

Multivitamin
Folic acid -5mg
Sea kelp
Calcium and zinc

I really hope i dont get any nasty reactions like i did with forceval.

Thats 7 vitamin pills.. Think i need to start using these reminders on my phone lol

Thanks for your support. I do feel stupid and am pleased no one has shouted at me haha
Xx

Im dreadful at remembering to take my calcium and B complex but i do remember my ppi and multi vit each day, ok will try harder!

Yes girls they are important if we want to stay healthy my calcium tablets are the worst for me i forget the tea time one the rest i take together on a morning. xx

I already take an array of vitamins, including omega and cod liver oils capsules. I have done for aaaages now. So hopefully will remember the same after my op :)

Good luck everyone :)

Which brand of vitamins do people take? Did you find liquid ones to take the first 4 weeks after the op? Intake 11 tablets each day as well as the morphine so I need to find something that fits around those. Mi had managed to get almost all of them to be taken before bed, but some of the vitamins I have seen say you should take 2/3 times a day. Do others take them that regularly? I will be rattling,

Sar2567 said:
Which brand of vitamins do people take? Did you find liquid ones to take the first 4 weeks after the op? Intake 11 tablets each day as well as the morphine so I need to find something that fits around those. Mi had managed to get almost all of them to be taken before bed, but some of the vitamins I have seen say you should take 2/3 times a day. Do others take them that regularly? I will be rattling,

My hospital recommended Seven Seas chewable HalibOrange with added with iron and calcium added x

I have to say I am confused, people appear to take a vast array of vitamins. I am only taking 1 A-Z multi vitamin a day and my B12 injection every three months as instructed by Sunderland, is that enough? I dont feel ill just some days a little tired, mad isnt it we all have the same ops yet we are told different things on discharge

cu16 said:
I have to say I am confused, people appear to take a vast array of vitamins. I am only taking 1 A-Z multi vitamin a day and my B12 injection every three months as instructed by Sunderland, is that enough? I dont feel ill just some days a little tired, mad isnt it we all have the same ops yet we are told different things on discharge

My dietician said the added iron and calcium is important x

Back