• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I've really fallen out of love with water......

kateyloo

I used to love water pre-op - would drink gallons of the stuff but post-op my love for it is rapidly declining..... I hate the fact that after 3 sips pob (my pouch) starts to hurt and if I try and drink the recommended 200mls every hour I am left feeling really sick :( - last night I ended up retching so much I thought my head would explode!

The thought of adding anything to it (e.g. NAS squash) makes me want to gag too because everything, even NAS stuff seems to taste so sweet! :sign0137:

I am just upset because of all the things I thought would affect me post-op, water definitely one of them! Does anyone else have this problem? xx

U know I'm terrible at getting enough water,so I have the no added sugar vimto and it's much better to get down x
Have a try x

Im not too good at getting water down me either, I do try and at first NAS tasted soooooo sweet to me but now I have a little Vimto NAS in it and its ok. I make it very weak though. Good Luck hun XX

was gonna say i only add a tiny bit of juice, cos i dont like it sweet

Aww bless Katey... I'm like Julie, the opposite, I'm drinking loads of water now, more than I ever did.

I wonder if you put a slice of orange or lemon in it if it may help and try smaller glasses if you can't face it.

It's a shame... but I hope you can find a way... drinking tea.... or hot drinks... keep drinking Angel and hope it gets easier for you.

Love and hugs xxx

I wonder if you put a slice of orange or lemon in it if it may help and try smaller glasses if you can't face it.

Thanks Bev - I am definitely going to try this because adding squash (even just a ickle bit) really does taste nasty :( - to be honest I wasn't too keen on it pre-op and used to only put a dash in my glass.....

It's quite funny because I always thought that, pre-op, I would eat and drink anything that was put in front of me but now I have to think about it more I have realised that I was a bit of a fuss pot after all :)

Shame I didn't feel the same way about chocolate, pre op, eh!? It will be 8 weeks this weekend since a bit of chocolate passed my lips and I'm not missing it - that must be a good sign! :) xx

Hi Kateyloo . . just a tip that may or may not work for you but I really struggled with water post op - and to be quite honest still do to a certain extent and I am 5 months out. The only way I manage to drink enough fluids is in tea or coffee form but when drinking water try it warm! For some reason if it is warm I am ok and can drink far more. Its not that pleasant but I can manage a glass of warm water in ten minutes where I would struggle with three or four sips if it was cold. May be worth a try?

Mel xx

Crystal Light - on the go

Hi.
I was(am) diabetic before my op and found it so frustrating that my choice of drinks was so limited!

If I go out to the pub my choices were water, diet coke or diet bitter lemon.. arg,, so for some while I have been buying Crystal Light. as its sugar free, low in cals, and has added vitamins.

I buy the 'on the go' sachets as you can keep a few in your bag and just add to a normal sized bottle of water.

They come in a huge variety of flavours and I normally buy mine from amazon or e-bay.

Crystal Light - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I agree with Mel... I used to drink water by the bucket load but completely went off it, for a long time I had to drink plain boiled water as it was easy for me to stomach, even know I drink much more warm than cold.

Frozen lollies from asda spring water or Roses lime juice its not nas but just a bit takes the edge off water.

Back