• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wearing a bra after surgery.

zetacatty

A loser at last!
OK, I know I'm a bit obsessed. But I really hate the idea of not being able to wear a bra after surgery. Some peeps say it takes about two weeks !!!!!! Not good. Anyway, I wonder if I've solved the problem. There is a front-fastening soft sports bra - I thought that if I leave the lower hooks open and tuck up the corners......take a look, what do you think? http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product.asp?product_id=GOD-GD2000&src=trddpu03072009

i have been able to wear a bra from day one my scars are about 4 inches under my boobs so dont get in the way

My bypass will be open and the scar starts just below the boobs. Sorry, I should've said that!

hello i had no problem wearing a bra as the the cuts were about 4/5 inches below my bust so there should be no props wearing a bra x x x x x sarah

in that case the bra idea sounds like it would work honey you can only try as there is no way i could go without a bra x x x

Marion, this is one of my biggest worries post op. I know it sounds daft, but my boobs are ginormous and the thought of not being able to wear a bra is horrid. I definitely wont be able to leave the house without one.

I looked at the link and they dont actually go up to my cup size :( but im wondering whether to order the largest cup size and the correct back size to at least give me a little support.

How did other open bypass peeps cope. I dont really want to spend £30 on a bra that Im not going to get much use out of, but if spending this money means Im not housebound for a month then it might be worth the investment.

you ciuld try buying a bra a back size or two bigger than you are now I had key hole but because they were going to take out my gall bladder one of my port wounds sits about 2 " lower than the front band of my bra. For the 1st few days wearing a bra was the last thing on my mind after a week I could manage an old nursing bra whenever I had visitors but only for a few hours at a time. The only thing I would say with a front fastening clasp is that it might catch your wound as an open incission starts quite high up near your boobs.

Marion, this is one of my biggest worries post op. I know it sounds daft, but my boobs are ginormous and the thought of not being able to wear a bra is horrid. I definitely wont be able to leave the house without one.

I looked at the link and they dont actually go up to my cup size :( but im wondering whether to order the largest cup size and the correct back size to at least give me a little support.

How did other open bypass peeps cope. I dont really want to spend £30 on a bra that Im not going to get much use out of, but if spending this money means Im not housebound for a month then it might be worth the investment.

What about, as Terri said, going up a back-size to accommodate a larger cup size?

you ciuld try buying a bra a back size or two bigger than you are now I had key hole but because they were going to take out my gall bladder one of my port wounds sits about 2 " lower than the front band of my bra. For the 1st few days wearing a bra was the last thing on my mind after a week I could manage an old nursing bra whenever I had visitors but only for a few hours at a time. The only thing I would say with a front fastening clasp is that it might catch your wound as an open incission starts quite high up near your boobs.

That's what I'm a bit scared of but I thought that if the bottom few hooks were left undone and the flaps tucked under it would be well clear of my scar. With 'normal' bras I'm one of those do-it-up-at-the-front-and-swivel-it-round girls and that would be impossible. It even hurts thinking about it!!!

What about using a sarong or scarf and making a sort of temporary holder uper thing by placing it round your back coming round under your boobs and then lifting it up and over your shoulders and tying it behind your neck? Or depending on how big you are buying a vest top with added support or a bikkini top

yes Terri, I think Im going to have to stick with the sarong idea. I'll have to do something or they'll be scraping on the floor. Dont want my nipples bleeding along with all the other problems we have to face PMSL

I had open surgery recently and also thought I wouldnt be able to wear a bra after surgery, even though no one ever mentioned it.

I thought Id take a wireless one with me as I couldnt stand the thought of not wearing one.

After my op, my staples were low enough below my boobs (approx 5-10cm) to wear one, although I dont think one with a wire would have been too comfy.

Anyway I didnt want to pay a fortune for a wireless one that I wouldnt wear again so I just made a small snip either side of one of my own bras and removed the wires.

Its done the job perfectly!

HTH :) x

this sports bra is reduced from £37.50 to £11. i wore a sports bra for the 1st few weeks for comfort.

Sheactive | Enell Enell Sports Bra | Women's Bra - High Impact Plus

That looks perfect - pity . It doesn't go up to my cup size :cry:

I just looked at the one I originally posted about and read the reviews. They're all great except that it's in American sizing! Nowhere on the site does it say this but some weeks ago I ordered a bra and when it arrived it was tiny even though the size said 36G. Now I know why! The search continues.......

£11 is an absolute "BARGAIN"

I have huge bust, about a 42DD and I wore a bra straight after my band was fitted. I have had no problems at all, I hope this helps

I had no problems wearing a bra after my op but I had key hole not open surgery. You'll have to try and see if the bra is too deep at the front because tucking up the corners could leave you more uncomfortable if its too deep. Good luck with the upper topper flopper stoppers. Hope you get one thats comfy.

I had open bypass 14 June and its only today Ive been able to wear a bra my scar starts about 1cm under my boobs and to wear a bra was very uncomfortable, it is only since the scabs have started to fall off that its bearable, but you might be lucky and not have the scar so near, so good luck and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Anezxxxx

Back