• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wearing a bra after surgery.

I had open bypass 14 June and its only today Ive been able to wear a bra my scar starts about 1cm under my boobs and to wear a bra was very uncomfortable, it is only since the scabs have started to fall off that its bearable, but you might be lucky and not have the scar so near, so good luck and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Anezxxxx

Did you have your gallbladder removed at the time of your op? I wonder if that's why some people's scars are higher than others. Mxx

Ooooh, the enell is actually a pretty fantastic sports bra for the larger bust. Mine would be a very large bust and the enell did a brill job of holding up and in. Hmmm, I wonder where I stashed it? £11 is a fab price for it though.

They've nearly sold out and only have size 7 left. (I'm not really sure what size 7 is - but I think it's pretty big) Mxx

Hi, what about one of the vest tops with the support thing inside? Might give you some light support for when you've just had the op/leaving hospital etc?? Xx

No just think Mr Khan likes a large opening!!!!!

Lol he does that Lesley. My scar starts just under my boobs and goes into my belly button... And I still can't wear a bra nearly eight weeks on.

Mind you as painful as it is, I do get hubbie to help me struggle into one if going out somewhere and rip it straight off when I get back cause they are just too big to let hang free and swing about.

Having said that I need to buy some new bra's anyway because I've gone down from 46HHH to 40FF (got them measured the other day) but at this rate I'm beggining to wonder if its worth it for a while.

Marion, I had Miss Heitmann and my scar starts about 3-4" from under my boobs (measuring from where they join together at the bottom), and to about 1" above my belly button. If you have gallbladder out it wouldn't be any higher, as gallbladder is lower down. My gallbladder scar from an op nearly 20 years ago is 4" down from the top of my new scar.

I haven't had any problem wearing a bra, except the first couple of days when everything ached so much. I am 48GG (well was, gone down in back size a couple of inches) - bra still fitting normally though as they never fit in the first place, I haven't found any decent bras for years in the right size that actually fit, so have been wearing Evans cheapie no wires, out of a plastic bag type bras. They're very comfy for now!!!

hi girls just a thought but how about buying a bra expander that fits to the back of your own bras then it makes your bras nice and slack and also saves some money!! they are only a couple of pounds and you can get them everywhere ! xxheather

Hi, what about one of the vest tops with the support thing inside? Might give you some light support for when you've just had the op/leaving hospital etc?? Xx

I have a couple of Bravissimo pyjama tops which are similar - I think the under-boobs-elasticated-bit would get in the way of the scar. That's why I wondered about a front fastening sports bra - with half the front left undone and tucked out of the way. But finding one in a G cup is proving impossible! xx M xx :cry:

I think the big problem (apart from the size of the bazookas) is that, as Lesley says, Mr Khan's scars are high under the boobs (I will be done by Mr Khan) so there needs to be some kind of gap where the scar starts. Hmmm. Terri came up with a good idea - to use a sarong/scarf arrangement brought around from the back, crossed over at the front and tied around the back of the neck. I'm going to have a practice.

OK, I know I'm a bit obsessed. But I really hate the idea of not being able to wear a bra after surgery. Some peeps say it takes about two weeks !!!!!! Not good. Anyway, I wonder if I've solved the problem. There is a front-fastening soft sports bra - I thought that if I leave the lower hooks open and tuck up the corners......take a look, what do you think? http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product.asp?product_id=GOD-GD2000&src=trddpu03072009

Hi Marion

I'm gonna sling mine over my shoulder!...and that will solve that problem...lol!

(((hugs)))

Marion, do you know you'll definitely be done by Mr Khan? They don't allocate the dates until your anaesthetist appt and it is a lottery over which one you get. Unless you are definitely having lap RNY you could have Miss Heitmann... at least you'd be okay for your bra then!!

I wore my bra for the first time since op today it was ok x

i went home in a soft sports bra, was ok x

hiya ladies..

welll.. after reading the posts.. thought would share...

when I had my band fitted, I was wayyyyyyyyyyy to sore to attempt to wear a bra.. my port wound is about 5 ins below bottom of my boobaloos but the issue for me was the port itself..

that is where the lower banding/elastic of the bra was perssing and with it already being sore and uncomfortable due to swelling.. I wasn't able to wear an over the shoulder boulder holder up until 12 days ago.. (and am a size 46FF..) unfortunatley for me.. couldnt find a sports bra that went up that big and ended up using a strappy top and tucking it underneath my boobaloos.. nothing to stick in or rub against anything and as it was comfortable for me.. it worked..

Now am able to wear my bras.. and have treated myself to a couple of new ones.. from here - Simply Yours | Gorgeous underwear for girls with curves: lingerie, bras, corsets, basques, shapewear, swimwear, nightwear | Simply Yours - Simply Yours

Good luck with whatever and however you decide to keep your mammaries from meandering ;-)

braless...oh no!

OK - as you can see from the pic, proportionately, my blammers are the biggest part of my body, and the prospect of going bra-less both in the hosp and out of it poses a bit of a problem. They don't do sports bra's in my size (HH) and my bra's have more support than an Isombard Brunnel bridge.

moi.jpg

So - for those of you key-holers out there (and bearing in mind mine swing to about waist / belly button level when not in bra) - where abouts are these scar's likely to be?

OK - as you can see from the pic, proportionately, my blammers are the biggest part of my body, and the prospect of going bra-less both in the hosp and out of it poses a bit of a problem. They don't do sports bra's in my size (HH) and my bra's have more support than an Isombard Brunnel bridge.

moi.jpg

So - for those of you key-holers out there (and bearing in mind mine swing to about waist / belly button level when not in bra) - where abouts are these scar's likely to be?
Hi mine was done keyhole i have huge boobs tooyou will have one small cut just above where your bra will sit slap bang in the middle of them, i had no probs wearing a bra after surgery at all. xxx

Just a thought, if you do use the sarong sling thingy you can oik em up and together as high as you can :D you would be comfy and have an amazing cleavage .:8855: Imagine the feeling of leaving hosp on the losing side with a home hade boob job.. think i just talked myself into writing the sling thing down for when I get my date lol

Hi Marion

I'm gonna sling mine over my shoulder!...and that will solve that problem...lol!

(((hugs)))

I pity anyone standing behind you!!! :doh:

Marion, do you know you'll definitely be done by Mr Khan? They don't allocate the dates until your anaesthetist appt and it is a lottery over which one you get. Unless you are definitely having lap RNY you could have Miss Heitmann... at least you'd be okay for your bra then!!

Oooh I didn't know that! I just assumed it would be Mr. Khan.
I'm having open surgery.

Just a thought, if you do use the sarong sling thingy you can oik em up and together as high as you can :D you would be comfy and have an amazing cleavage .:8855: Imagine the feeling of leaving hosp on the losing side with a home hade boob job.. think i just talked myself into writing the sling thing down for when I get my date lol

I tried the sling idea today - my long scarf wasn't really long enough! I bit the bullet and ordered the sports bra from Figleaves (careful, American sizing) so we'll see if that does the trick.

Back