• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weigh In at the Bander's Cafe!

LuLuXo

:flirt2: Hi everyone,

Me and some of the other users on here were talking and decided we would open up a new thread where we could share recipes and combine a weekly weigh in.

As we are starting the thread on Tuesday, I guess during the week we can discuss our different recipes and meals or any struggles we are facing, and then on tuesdays we can discuss any losses/gains we have had during the week and offer each other moral support and tips to help our eating.

I hope people feel free to join in, this is such a great service and has always been a huge support for me and continues to be so on my weight loss journey so please feel free to get involved as much as you like. We are all here for each other if anyone needs us or just wants to drop in to the 'cafe' for a friendly chat.

Lu xx:p

So... I'm gonna kick start with a recipe I made last night.

Slow cooker Lamb Meatballs and Courgetti Spaghetti:flirt2:

you will need:

1 sweet pepper
half a of chilli pepper
about 150g white onions
Lamb meatballs (these can be ready formed but will be less calories if you buy lean lamb mince and mix together yourself)
Passata
salt (i used garlic salt for extra flavour)
pepper
paprika
cayenne pepper

form your meatballs with salt and pepper and then chop everything up and put it all together in the slow cooker and leave on low all day (about eight hours). Simple! It came out really tasty and I had it with courgetti spaghetti so it was even less fattening.

A portion of 150g of courgetti spaghetti and a quarter of what I made, which was five meatballs with about 100g of sauce came to 311 cals.

Attachments

• IMG_0271.jpg
    IMG_0271.jpg
    497.4 KB · Views: 11
Looks good lulu! Think it's a great idea. I had a band fill yesterday so my dinner was an M&S soup lol!

Neticak, those soups are soooo good. The french onion is my fave.After i first got banded i had sooo much soup i swore i would never eat again but its actually one of my favourite types of food. i love making chinese soups. Going to make a crab stick and sweetcorn soup later I think ;) How is your band feeling after the fill? can you tell if there is any restriction yet?

Lu x

SOOOOOOPER STAR :)

Afternoon banders :) seeing as its coffee time thought i'd stop by for a natter :)

Today is a good day :) Breakfast...Ironing..... 150 squats!!! what !!!! lol yup....decided from now on while the coffee is making or the microwave is pop-erty-pinging i'm going to do some squats LOL have discovered i can squeeze 50 in at a time LOL

Hope everyones well :)

Afternoon banders :) seeing as its coffee time thought i'd stop by for a natter :)

Today is a good day :) Breakfast...Ironing..... 150 squats!!! what !!!! lol yup....decided from now on while the coffee is making or the microwave is pop-erty-pinging i'm going to do some squats LOL have discovered i can squeeze 50 in at a time LOL

Wowwww thats so great. I really need to get back on doing some exercise because I have been being seriously lazy. Everyday I tell myself to go swimming but I rarely make it... maybe today is the day! I used to be so much more active but since winter its like i'm hibernating LOL. Good work on the squats I remember feeling proud of the burn the next day! I just made some crabsticks and sweetcorn soup was so nice gonna upload the recipe later :) xx

150 squats! that is epic... wow and well done Crystal! Good way of getting it in whilst the timers on the microwave lol... I seem to spend most of my evening in the kitchen so might just have to take a leaf from your book! :)

Neticak, those soups are soooo good. The french onion is my fave.After i first got banded i had sooo much soup i swore i would never eat again but its actually one of my favourite types of food. i love making chinese soups. Going to make a crab stick and sweetcorn soup later I think ;) How is your band feeling after the fill? can you tell if there is any restriction yet?

Lu x

I had soft soft scrambled eggs this morning. I've been having two, one yolk out and I could only manage about 3/4 of it before i started feeling full. I take a small tub of granola with me to work and I would have polished it off by now but I took it out and had to put it away after a few nibbles as I started feeling too full. Never thought I would be excited about feeling full lol!

Crabstick and sweetcorn sounds good, I've only ever made chicken and veg :)

I just realised it's Tuesday! I'll start with my weight losses:

Day of Op 7/2/16: 15.02 st
1st Fill 14/3/16: 13.65 st
2nd Fill 18/04/16: 13.24 st

:)

Afternoon !
Skinny latte for me please .

I had my band fitted 5th April 2016
My pre op weight was 25st 7lbs
My weight on 14th April 2006 was 23st 8lbs

I am still on liquids as I am only 2 weeks in .. I have to say I am very happy on liquids and may take another week or so more on the them ..
I drink a good protein smoothie a day , packed with spinach , protein powder , fruits and yogurt . It's very satisfying ..
I drink 2 mugs daily of Option hot choc made with semi milk
And finally 2 ladles of home made soup ..

I'm not hungry , even though my band hasn't had a fill of yet , Im not hungry .. But I drink liquids for goodness and nourishment .

Tonight I have butternut squash and lentil stew which I've made into soup . The recipe has peanut butter in ! And I've added a dessert apple just to make it even better , yum !
Butternut Squash-Lentil Stew recipe - from Tablespoon!

Mindy
Xxxxx

Neticak, thats a good loss you should be very proud!

Afternoon !
Skinny latte for me please .

I had my band fitted 5th April 2016
My pre op weight was 25st 7lbs
My weight on 14th April 2006 was 23st 8lbs

I am still on liquids as I am only 2 weeks in .. I have to say I am very happy on liquids and may take another week or so more on the them ..
I drink a good protein smoothie a day , packed with spinach , protein powder , fruits and yogurt . It's very satisfying ..
I drink 2 mugs daily of Option hot choc made with semi milk
And finally 2 ladles of home made soup ..

I'm not hungry , even though my band hasn't had a fill of yet , Im not hungry .. But I drink liquids for goodness and nourishment .

Tonight I have butternut squash and lentil stew which I've made into soup . The recipe has peanut butter in ! And I've added a dessert apple just to make it even better , yum !
Butternut Squash-Lentil Stew recipe - from Tablespoon!

Mindy
Xxxxx

Hey Mindy, I remember those good old days! So nice that youre at that stage where you can just enjoy the weightloss and not feel any hunger! and that soup looks amazing, going to give it a try for sure. Also well done on your weightloss, thats really good going! you must be so chuffed at your progress already :)

After having my courgetti spaghetti lastnight I have invested in a spiralizer from amazon and a cook book to go with it. Im quite lucky because I dont rely on potatoes and bread much so am looking forward to trying out and hopefully replacing bread and potatoes full stop.

Today I had some porrigde and then soup (recipe and pic to follow). For dinner i had some hot smoked salmon with salad which was really tasty. Im starting to feel the snacky cravings now though... still have 100 cals left so will have a think about how I want to 'spend' them :p

lu xx

So guys, today I made a soup which is not suitable for liquid stages but it seriously tasty and LOW CAL!

Chinese Crab stick and Sweetcorn Soup:
you will need:
Crabsticks (shredded, I used five)
One can of creamed corn
One egg
Ginger powder to season
One teaspoon of sesame oil
One tablespoon fish sauce
One chicken stockpot or cube (I use knorr stockpots)
and one spring onion to garnish.

First you boil about two cups of water with the can of creamed corn
Add in the chicken stockpot and stir
Add in a teaspoon of sesame oil
Add in ginger, salt and peper to taste and the tablespoon of fish sauce
Give it all a good stir and wait until it is simmering and add in your crab sticks
At this point you crack an egg into a bowl with a little bit of the liquid from your soup pot and whisk it, pour the egg into the pot with the soup slowly and stirring all the time.
(If people like their soup a bit thicker, here you can add two teaspoons of cornflour to a small amount of water to form a paste, and then pour this in SLOWLY stirring all the time.)
Mine serves four (could really serve six) and comes out at 142 cals per serving (its a very good portion size too!)

TA-DAA the soup is ready. Sprinkle some chopped spring onions on the top to garnish if you like and enjoy!

Lu xx

Attachments

• IMG_0278.jpg
    IMG_0278.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Also.... *blabs on and on*...
So today is weigh in day.

Last week 12/4/16 I had a fill and when they weighed me I was 17st.2lbs (I had put on 1st.7lbs since my last visit a year ago)

Today 19/4/16 I am super chuffed because I have lost 8lbs and I am now 16st.8lbs

wahoo!

Well done guys :) xxx

Blimey Lulu !
That's a whopping loss !
Huge congrats to you !
That soup looks lush , even though I hate fish . Hubby saw the pic and wants me to make him some .. It doesn't stink the house does it ? I can't cook fish indoors because of the smell .

I am , yes , very very pleased with my weight loss ! Won't weigh again until this Sunday as I want to stick to Boots scales so I get a constant result ..

Crystal ! Squats ! You are amazing , honestly ..
If I did squats I'd have to call the fire brigade to come get me off the floor :) .
. Hmm .. Hunky firemen .. Rescuing me , in uniform , hunky , fit firemen . Sigh .. Firemen ..

I need a cold shower ...

crab and sweetcorn soup sounds lush I'm going to try that ....I'm not a banded but enjoy reading your banter ladies and your all doing so well ...keep up the good work xx

Share recipes if you have any ! I love picking people's brains !
Brain storming also is brilliant for lifting the spirits

Hi everyone!

Wow so lovely to hear of everyone's success and delicious recipes too!!

I'm afraid I'm also in my 2nd week post surgery so my liquid diet is a bit boring!!

Really looking forward to experimenting on the purred stage next week X X X

Start weight pre op- 16 stone 10

Day of surgery 7th April 15 stone 10

Today's weight 14 stone 13

Much love to everyone. Thanks so much for this thread. It's such a lovely idea X X X

Night night peeps. First day back at work...I love my job but I'm ready for bed!!

Blossom ! Where ya been !
Well done on the loss you superstar !
Xxxx

Hi everyone!

Wow so lovely to hear of everyone's success and delicious recipes too!!

I'm afraid I'm also in my 2nd week post surgery so my liquid diet is a bit boring!!

Really looking forward to experimenting on the purred stage next week X X X

Start weight pre op- 16 stone 10

Day of surgery 7th April 15 stone 10

Today's weight 14 stone 13

Much love to everyone. Thanks so much for this thread. It's such a lovely idea X X X

Night night peeps. First day back at work...I love my job but I'm ready for bed!!

Hey Blossom,

I remember how tiring work on just liquids can be! Takes a good few weeks for the effects of the anaesthetic to wear off too! All must seem worth it with such a great loss! I bet youre over the moon :) Do you have any idea what kind of things youre going to try in the puree stage? I basically just ate low cal food but mashed up lol

hope everyone is well today, Im about to marinate some skinless chicken thighs in nandos seasoning to have with 'boodles' (butternut squash noodles) tonight!

LU xx

Back