• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weigh In at the Bander's Cafe!

Boodles !
I need to see this ! How do you make them into noodles ? , boil them or just in a frying pan lightly ?

I will upload pic and recipe later! I bought them ready formed into noodle shape from sainsburys and then you just pierce the packet and microwave for a couple of minutes! I've just invested in a spiralizer which comes with different grates and you can do it yourself for any vegetable! Such a useful alternative

Lu xx

8lbs in a week Lulu that's immense - well done you!

I made a chickpea and kidney bean curry type thing yesterday had with a "Moroccan" salad with avocados's and goats cheese. Piled on about 3 tablespoons of the curry and had the get the hoover (my husband) to finish it off :) Think this new fill is doing the trick.

Saw my son off to his first high school residential this morning with a tear in my eye :(, dropped my other little tinker off at primary school then headed to the gym. Got in 30 mins on the cross trainer, went for a quick swim and into the steam room! I feel like a boss :)

I'm so excited to weigh in next week.

Good day girls loving this thread so oooo good to see all the wonderful support around. Am sitting in car please excuse any typo s lol can see the screen to clearly with these old eyes lol just on way home from the boot sale one slightly used butchers block kitchen trolley on board my new jewellery making work bench any way I digress as always. Started this morning good with porridge hmm with some options thrown in!!! You gals are a bad influence lol but blooming lovely it was too... Lunch was lunch out at our little plant nursery... Roasted pepper an d tomato soup yummy Lu I love my spiralizer got a big one wished ìd got the smaller one like a pencil sharpener but its great when we've gu eats round for dinner. Your be spiralizing everything trust me lol

Neticat .. You gonna share this recipe ? It sounds yummy !

Spiralizing... This is new to me!? Going to have a gander on Amazon!

So the chickpea kidney bean curry is super simple. I make a big pot so I can freeze it so this recipe is based on 2 tons of chickpeas 2 tons of kidney beans but you can adjust if you want to make less

2 red onions, diced
1 glove of garlic (blended if you can)
Throw them in a pan with a tad of olive oil and let them soften, add water if it starts to stick
Add a green chilli cut up (I use about half of a normal size one)
Once the onions have softened add about a teaspoon of salt, kashmiri spice, haldi and tandoori masala (I use powder forms for all) and a squirt of tomato purée and one tomato. Let this bubble away for about 5 mins (will prob need to add water to it at this point so it won't stick)
Then throw in the kidney beans and chickpeas leave to sier onoe heat for about 15 mins and that's it. I like to add fresh coriander but you don't have.

I use tins because they make quicker but if you're making proper kidney beans. You'll need to leave to soak over night! (Far too much prep work for me :) )

Also it's really filling! I'll upload a pic tonight ;)

Saving that to my recipies file ..

Lol just realised I put tons! Not tons TINS.. I don't make that much

Hello everyone!!

Sorry I've been quite. Been at work since 7am and walked through the door half an hour ago. I'm shattered to say the least!!! Hoping tomorrow will be quieter!! So much for pacing eh?? One day left then I'm off until Tuesday yippee!!!

I'm feeling so great that I keep forgetting I've even had the surgery!

Next week we are taking our camper and 3 not 2 bikes to the coast!! This is huge!! We've never taken my bike. Usually just my daughters and husbands. It's a flat area and I can't wait to show my hotch potch retro bike off in all its glory!!! I bought it 3 years ago rode it once and put it away. But it's coming with me on my new journey; life!!!

One little blip...I've had a little gain. Two pounds to be exact...I've been saintly...even shocked myself!! However sorry to mention it but I am due a period...do you think it could be linked??

Anyway love to you all, dream big, stay focused and continue to do well x x x

I don't believe you've put in 2lbs , like you say it's probably your red flag time .. I would put in 7lbs sometimes so you've not done to bad ..
Lemme see your bike ! So I can be totally jealous .. I would be so excited to go on a bike ride ! Wind in your hair and a big ol smile .. Yes indeedy doooo !

I went back today also , it was a quiet afternoon so it gave me time to settle back in .. It's was great getting back into routine ..
Did you manage to pack your liquids for work etc ?
I have a 10 hour shift tomorrow so I have to allow time in the morning to sort all my food out ..
Smoothie , large flask of hot homemade soup and options ..
Xxxx

WOw weee Blossom sounds like a heavenly weekend planned......NSV chalked up :) now that pesky gain wont be, promise..... TOM most likely cause BUT girsl i do warn you don't get disheartened should u have a wee gain going thur the fluid/mush stages..... it happens ..... soon as your back to normal food it all settles down promise :) x x x

night all x x x x

I love this thread it makes me laugh and it's really good you share recipes I just wonder are they ok for bypass people I'm not ofay with the difference yet as just at start and on list xxxx

Hi guys! :)

Sorry I wasn't on much yesterday life got the better of me. I went swimming and for a long walk and then I had a picnic in the sun with my sister, mum and nephew. Was lovely. I had my special band packed lunch and my mum and sister stuffed themselves and I wasn't even jealous one bit :p

Thanks for sharing your recipe Neticak, looks tasty!

Last night I made this AMAZING recipe. I can't wait to share it with you guys. It's a crustless bacon and mushroom quiche and it is seriously low calorie.

You will need:
About 250g sliced mushrooms
250g fat free cottage cheese
20g low fat cheese for sprinkling on top (optional and literally cuts calories in half if you don't add)
Six slices of turkey bacon
About six cherry tomatoes cut in half
About two tablespoons of parsley
Two cloves of chopped garlic
A bit of chili pepper (optional)
Salt and pepper
Six eggs
A chipped onion

So, first thing is to chop and dry fry your bacon. Add the chopped mushrooms, onion, chili, salt and pepper and cook until all is soft. Drain any excess water and leave to one side.

In another bowl, crack six eggs and mix together with the 250g of cottage cheese and half of your parsley and whisk together with a fork.

Put the bacon and mushroom mix (make sure excess liquids have been drained) into the bottom of a ceramic oven dish.

Pour the egg mixture over the bacon and mushrooms in the ceramic dish.

Place your halved cherry tomatoes seeded side up on top of the mixture.

Scatter over your 20g of cheese and bake for about 20-30 mins at about gas mark 5 or 190 degrees until egg is set all the way through.

I really hope you guys like this one! I was so pleasantly surprised when my sister told me the recipe. You can't really tell that there is cottage cheese in it and it feels really substantial.

I had a whole quarter of the quiche for two different meals over the course of yesterday and it was only 228 calories. Trust me a quarter is a lot too!!

Going to my friends for dinner on Saturday and I'm planning on making this again :) #QuicheObsessed

Hope everyone is well!

Lulu xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 7
Blimey Lulu !
That's a whopping loss !
Huge congrats to you !
That soup looks lush , even though I hate fish . Hubby saw the pic and wants me to make him some .. It doesn't stink the house does it ? I can't cook fish indoors because of the smell .

I am , yes , very very pleased with my weight loss ! Won't weigh again until this Sunday as I want to stick to Boots scales so I get a constant result ..

Crystal ! Squats ! You are amazing , honestly ..
If I did squats I'd have to call the fire brigade to come get me off the floor :) .
. Hmm .. Hunky firemen .. Rescuing me , in uniform , hunky , fit firemen . Sigh .. Firemen ..

I need a cold shower ...

Lol mindy you make me laugh! The crab sticks honestly do not taste fishy at all. They don't really have a strong flavor either xxx

Good day girls �� loving this thread so oooo good to see all the wonderful support around. Am sitting in car please excuse any typo s lol can see the screen to clearly with these old eyes lol just on way home from the boot sale one slightly used butchers block kitchen trolley on board �� my new jewellery making work bench �� any way I digress as always. Started this morning good with porridge hmm with some options thrown in!!! You gals are a bad influence lol but blooming lovely it was too... Lunch was lunch out at our little plant nursery... Roasted pepper an d tomato soup yummy �� Lu I love my spiralizer �� got a big one wished ìd got the smaller one like a pencil sharpener but its great when we've gu eats round for dinner. Your be spiralizing everything trust me lol

THE SPIRALIZING HAS BEGUN Crystal!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 11
Oh my drooling mouth Lulu !
Can I come to your house ? Or at least you could make me some meals and post them !mthat looks so delicious ! I havnt eaten as of yet , still on liquids till tues , then mushy stuff . But mum saving all these recipes to use at a later date !

Tuu I'm sure all these recipies would be good for any weight loss surgery , banded or not ? And don't they all look delicious :)

I have also fallen for the spiral doodahh . Didn't buy an expensive one as of yet just an £11 one from Asda . Messed about with at work with it versus a courgette .. It's pretty impressive I have to say . And when I told my workmates 2'young kids the green ribbons were green worms they gobbled them up !
I nibbled on a length ( said the actress to the bishop :) ) , chewed up thoroughly and it was lush ! Can't wait to try this in a meal ..

Oh my drooling mouth Lulu !
Can I come to your house ? Or at least you could make me some meals and post them !mthat looks so delicious ! I havnt eaten as of yet , still on liquids till tues , then mushy stuff . But mum saving all these recipes to use at a later date !

Tuu I'm sure all these recipies would be good for any weight loss surgery , banded or not ? And don't they all look delicious :)

I have also fallen for the spiral doodahh . Didn't buy an expensive one as of yet just an £11 one from Asda . Messed about with at work with it versus a courgette .. It's pretty impressive I have to say . And when I told my workmates 2'young kids the green ribbons were green worms they gobbled them up !
I nibbled on a length ( said the actress to the bishop :) ) , chewed up thoroughly and it was lush ! Can't wait to try this in a meal ..

Hey Minny,

I used mine last night and it was so easy to use i'm really glad i bought it. I also bought a spiralizer cookbook so will be sharing the recipes with you all!

Hope Crystal is ok? she hasnt been on for a while :sigh:

lu xx

Back