• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weigh In at the Bander's Cafe!

Welcome Lily and Lady! Nice to 'meet' you :p Lily, posts do take a while to start coming through when you are new, I think its the websites way of making sure you arent a spammer :D After you have posted enough times there won't be a wait any longer! In regards to eating slowly, I was naturally quite a slow eater- but I had my band three years ago now and I still sometimes forget and eat too quickly. I find that the trick is to never allow yourself to become starving or really hungry because whenever I allow myself to get too hungry I can never control how fast I eat and normally end up being sick. If I am moderately hungry then I eat at a good pace, it just takes a while of getting used to! Youll find your pace! x

I now eat with a teaspoon and a knife .. It gets a little getting used to to , like learning to eat again , but it works for me .. I also bought myself a cat bowl , a plain one , but it's the exact size I need my meals to be once I've got my fills sorted and my restrictions are at a good point ..
I'm not going to lie , today I am having a hard time .. I want to scoff everything and anything , I havnt , and I've shortened my trip to town and come home where I don't have anything to tempt me .. I did have a cooked breakfast in Boswells , but only ate the eggs , beans , bacon and mushrooms , didn't have the chips that go with it , or the sausages .. So I filled up on the proteins first and left the rest ..
I've just made myself a huge smoothie to fill me up like a hot water bottle lol ..
A co op pot of mixed fruit , coconut milk , handful of spinach , vitamins , dessert spoon of peanut butter , and 3 large spoons of SKYR yogurt .. I've got to fill myself up with this liquid so I dint root through and find anything to fill my mouth with !
It's lovely and sweet and tastes naughty even though it's not to bad ..
Roll on Wednesday for my band fill !

Sorry to hear youre having a hard day mindy, but sounds like youre coping well. I have just but a honey chicken teriyaki recipe into the slow cooker so we will see how it turns out! will upload pic of finished meal and recipe later!

xx

Even though I havnt ' cheated ' I still feel like I have Roflll ! This is why I'm writing it all so I can see it and tell myself I'm doing good ..
Other than this battle in my head I am feeling bloody awesome ! Like I could take in the world and win !
Spent 2 hours pulling weeds and planting up hanging baskets and planting new plants .. Seems I've lost a lot over winter hmmm .. A whole huge stock of Rudbeckias ! Those cost me a fortune last year grrrr .. My roses are just about to explode with a million blooms , so I've under planted with clematis this year so there's flowers twisted in the roses after they have had their first bloom .. So been more active than I was last summer that's for sure :)

Last edited:
cat bowls - fab idea although my 2 miaows might look at me oddly lol. Very impressed with your discipline you are a great example and all your hard work will pay off I'm sure :) it's nearly Wednesday so stay strong. Smoothie recipe sounds yum too!

Thanks Ladies... my pre op is all done ☺.

I have a question.. I know it's a while away but when you have your first fill, you have to go on 3 day liquids. .. 3 days pureed... I travel a lot and was going to stay on the weight to go but this wouldn't work with the first 6 days after the fill... has anyone got ideas what they did or if they stayed on the weight to go?? I'm struggling to think of on the go foods as I can travel across the UK and Europe/stay in hotels.

Thanks Ladies... my pre op is all done ☺.

I have a question.. I know it's a while away but when you have your first fill, you have to go on 3 day liquids. .. 3 days pureed... I travel a lot and was going to stay on the weight to go but this wouldn't work with the first 6 days after the fill... has anyone got ideas what they did or if they stayed on the weight to go?? I'm struggling to think of on the go foods as I can travel across the UK and Europe/stay in hotels.

Hi Lady,

When I have a fill my provider (healthier weight) says I should do at least three days liquid, three days mush and then on to normal foods. During this time I make sure I have a lot of nice smoothies (innocent ones for kids are completely liquid) and soups that I make myself. If you are travelling a lot, it might be an idea to take your weight to go milkshakes and invest in a little drink mixer (there are ones that make protein shakes) that way you can grab a bit of ice and shake it up yourself. I used to carry my weight to go shakes around with me in a flask that kept things super cool so they were not nasty and warm. If I was travelling I would just say to try to buy soup whenever possible, most places sell it (pret has been my saviour a few times :p). If the soup has bits in just don't eat them for the first three days and after that you can just squash up the potatoes or whatever is in it so it is mushy and smooth and that will work for your mush days as well. I used to drink a lot of milk (I always have skimmed) whenever possible. Crusha does a really nice no added sugar range that mean if you buy a bottle all you need to do is buy a pint of milk and mix it on the go... Alpro soya do these amazing chocolate/bannana/strawberry milk shakes in individual cartons which are absolutely packed with protein which can be useful too if you're in a rush. Also, flask of hot water and cuppasoups etc. Hope this helps, i'm out of ideas now!

Lu xx

Helloooo lovely ladies! How is everyone doing on this fine day? Yesterday I made an amazing meal (even if I do say so myself :D)

Honey Teriyaki slow cooker chicken. Posting recipe as well as pic! Worked out at 300 cals for a nice sized portion that I ate in two goes alongside some courgetti spaghetti. Honestly it was LUSH!

recipe:
125ml soy sauce
100g honey
60 ml rice wine vinegar
1/2 chopped onion
2 garlic cloves
Pepper
1 tsp ground ginger
4 chicken breasts
3 tbsp cornflour
60ml water
Spring onions and sesame seeds to serve

Here’s how you make it:
1) Mix the soy sauce, honey, rice wine vinegar, onion, garlic, pepper and ground ginger together in a small bowl and set aside.
2) Oil the slow cooker and add the chicken breasts. Pour the sauce over the chicken, cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
3) Remove and drain the chicken and set aside in a large bowl. Shred thoroughly with two forks.
4) Transfer the leftover sauce into a saucepan and add water mixed with the cornflour. Reduce over a medium heat until thick.
5) Add the chicken to the sauce and mix thoroughly. Serve over a bed of rice with spring onions and sesame seeds!

Also... I wanted to ask you girls about calorie counting. I have lost about 6 and a half stone now and I have always calorie counted.. But I find it makes me really obsessed and I start to get a bit crazy and stop eating because I become so addicted to keeping my calories low, so this week I have decided to eat three healthy meals a day and try not to count the calories as a way of trying to combat how I get so nuts.... I love myfitnesspal and have used it for a few years now off and on... does anyone not calorie count? and if you don't calorie count then what do you do? It was fine for me to be so obsessed when I was much much bigger but now if I get a bit crazy I start to feel light headed etc which just isn't healthy. The last few times I was calorie counting I got obsessed and then just fell of the wagon and had a free for all because it just is not a sustainable way of weight loss...

Hope you are all well, any tips would be much appreciated. My sister swears by slimmers world but I like calorie counting because it makes me feel in control but I know that is is not good for me to get soooo obsessed now I am a bit smaller! Is anyone on SW or WW?

love to all

Lu xxx

Attachments

• IMG_0726.JPG
    IMG_0726.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0755.JPG
    IMG_0755.JPG
    256.5 KB · Views: 6
Hi Lady,

When I have a fill my provider (healthier weight) says I should do at least three days liquid, three days mush and then on to normal foods. During this time I make sure I have a lot of nice smoothies (innocent ones for kids are completely liquid) and soups that I make myself. If you are travelling a lot, it might be an idea to take your weight to go milkshakes and invest in a little drink mixer (there are ones that make protein shakes) that way you can grab a bit of ice and shake it up yourself. I used to carry my weight to go shakes around with me in a flask that kept things super cool so they were not nasty and warm. If I was travelling I would just say to try to buy soup whenever possible, most places sell it (pret has been my saviour a few times :p). If the soup has bits in just don't eat them for the first three days and after that you can just squash up the potatoes or whatever is in it so it is mushy and smooth and that will work for your mush days as well. I used to drink a lot of milk (I always have skimmed) whenever possible. Crusha does a really nice no added sugar range that mean if you buy a bottle all you need to do is buy a pint of milk and mix it on the go... Alpro soya do these amazing chocolate/bannana/strawberry milk shakes in individual cartons which are absolutely packed with protein which can be useful too if you're in a rush. Also, flask of hot water and cuppasoups etc. Hope this helps, i'm out of ideas now!

Lu xx

Thank you so much xxx

Oh that recipe looks yummy Lu ! Will deff have a go at that one ! .. I can't help with the calorie count thing , I only time I ever looked at the food guidelines was to check if it was under 5% fat when I was on a low fat diet .. This time I'm just going to follow the guidelines I've been given and these seem to be the same in most books I read ... Fill up on protein , then veg , then carbs if there's still room .. Generally don't even look at carbs !

I'm not going to weigh in this week as my first fill is on Wednesday so I'm going to wait until this coming Sunday when I can go to Boots and weigh with hubby as well ..
I only passed my driving test at beginning of March . We have a Freelander stand it's a not a huge car but I have been to fat to feel confident about being behind the wheel as my things and belly touch the steering wheel and I found that dangerous , so I've been putting it off .
Today I had the car all to myself . Fitted comfortably behind the wheel ! Drove myself around a few garden centres , bought a few plants , had a small healthy high protein breakfast in one centre and a coffee in the other .. I had a wonderful time and felt bloody brilliant behind the wheel at long last ..

We have a Freelander stand it's a not a huge car but I have been to fat to feel confident about being behind the wheel as my things and belly touch the steering wheel and I found that dangerous , so I've been putting it off .
Today I had the car all to myself . Fitted comfortably behind the wheel ! Drove myself around a few garden centres , bought a few plants , had a small healthy high protein breakfast in one centre and a coffee in the other .. I had a wonderful time and felt bloody brilliant behind the wheel at long last ..

OMG! Mindy! what an amazing feeling! Im proud of you I bet you feel well made up! I know how it feels because in 2012 I had to get an extension belt on an aeroplane to america and I was so ashamed I stole it in my handbag so I wouldnt have to go through t humiliation of asking for another one on the way back it was awful, honestly one of the lowest points of my life! But then in 2013 I had my band done and I went to Italy with my mum and I just remember the feeling of sitting on the plane and having a bit of slack on the belt. It was the most amazing feeling ever, Even now when i get on the plane i still feel chuffed when I see the slack hanging down lol

congrats girl! <3

xx

I bought an extension belt off amazon for flying for that very reason , so I would not be embarrassed to ask for one .. Can't wait to shove that in the bin !
Mindy
Xxx

Hello girls! Feeling fresh and up and ready to mark another million pieces of sociology coursework today! Having a cappuccino for breakfast and two mini tortilla wraps for lunch. One with hummus (low fat), turkey ham and salad and the other with lettuce and 50g of be good to yourself prawn cocktail from sainsburys! I'm hungry already! How is everyone?

Xx

Well it's piddling down enough here to float the ark !
But I am happy happy happy !
I wasn't going to Weigh in but I had to go into town for a few bits so popped into Boots ..
I lost 3lb ! That gives me my 3 stone loss .. I am absolutely made up :)
Now sat in Boswells with a small breakfast , swapped hash browns for extra bacon , and a latte .. The drinking and eating will stop as from tomorrow I promise lol !
I can't quiet believe I have lost that amount .. As clinically I would have to lose over 15 stone to be a healthy weight I knew it would take a few stone loss before people noticed , not that I seek the limelight as it makes me feel uncomfortable .. But now my blouse , my fav blouse is loose in the hips where it was snug , the shoulders are now showing my bra strap and my bras are feeling more comfy , they don't dig in at shoulders and the cups are getting a little loose ..
3 stone in 8 weeks ! Who would believe it eh ? Yeaaahaaaa ! :):):):):)

Had my first fill done .. Poor Dr Byrnes was over an hour late for his clinic as he had an emergency l you could tell he'd had a hell of day bless him ..
He was please with my progress and said he could see how much more happy I was in myself .. I now have a total of 5mls in my band , a hole about the size of 5p coin now when I asked .. I need a Visual aid , I told him .. He had a little trouble finding the port which is when I laughed and he shouted ' hold it there ' , so had to hold the belly laughter muscle , which made me want to giggle more hahaha ! Needle didn't hurt but he did poke it about a bit to get it right .. But it doesn't hurt so nothing to be worried about .. Sat outside and had to drink a small portion of yogurt to make sure it went down and home I went !
Just had a small bowl of homemade cauli/broccoli cheese puréed down into soup with a little milk to make it good and loose .. Now I'm stuffed to the gills ..
Now the real work begins !
Where has everyone gone ? Blossom , Crystal , Lu ?

Had my first fill done .. Poor Dr Byrnes was over an hour late for his clinic as he had an emergency l you could tell he'd had a hell of day bless him ..
He was please with my progress and said he could see how much more happy I was in myself .. I now have a total of 5mls in my band , a hole about the size of 5p coin now when I asked .. I need a Visual aid , I told him .. He had a little trouble finding the port which is when I laughed and he shouted ' hold it there ' , so had to hold the belly laughter muscle , which made me want to giggle more hahaha ! Needle didn't hurt but he did poke it about a bit to get it right .. But it doesn't hurt so nothing to be worried about .. Sat outside and had to drink a small portion of yogurt to make sure it went down and home I went !
Just had a small bowl of homemade cauli/broccoli cheese puréed down into soup with a little milk to make it good and loose .. Now I'm stuffed to the gills ..
Now the real work begins !
Where has everyone gone ? Blossom , Crystal , Lu ?

Wahey! Now you really are a bander! Glad it was painless. They only give us water to drink before we leave, tight b*stards :p ! What have you got planned to eat today? I've started having coffee for breakfast. I bought these mix and go ones from Azera they are really lovely, 89 cals but I d0n't mind because it serves as my whole breakfast. I had a bit of a wobble yesterday. I was so good ALL day and then after dinner I just went mental and ate a cereal bar, a yoghurt and a bag of skips :( Anyway, these things happen. Back to it!

Hope everyone has a good day! Crystal I miss you!

Lu xx

awwwwwwww sorry guys....awol again......since my sickness last week things just went downhill....now i have a shocking cold, although it feels pretty flu like, with sickness thrown in :confused: i also had the most awful migraine..... so to say i'm feeling a tad sorry for myself is an under statement....... my taste buds have completely gone, all i'm fancying is crap lol and in true fashion it never just rains in crystal land....it pours....... guests gone......dog weird (again)......hubs dying LOL the last thing on my mind is food, exercise or anything related :eek: lets hope this passes and sooooooon ......feeling pretty cruddy :(

Have a beautiful day beautiful girls :D shine bright and soar :D keep thinking beautiful thoughts and SHINE x x x x wtg Mindy on the fill.... x x x x x x x mawhhhhhhh all x x x x x lub ya ;)

There you are !
Poor crystal ! Sounds like your being pulled through the mill at the moment , bless you ., but keep those germs down there if you please ! But I send you get well hugs ..

Lu today I am sticking to my protein smoothies and have added a big old spoon full of peanut butter to it and a huge handful of spinach .. Yummy ! I am feeling pretty stuffed at the moment .. Tonight I think I'm going to settle for good old tomato soup ..
I know it's been inflated because I'm having trouble burping again !
Keep the faith girls !
Xxxxxx

Hi ladies,

Crystal, hoping you're starting to feel somewhat better big hugs and kisses to you :)

Mindy - Congrats on your first fill! I was quite surprised to read that both you and Blossom had a fair bit put in on your 1st - I had 0.5ml in from surgery and then had 2.5ml put in. My second fill put me up to 4.5ml. Funny how they all do things differently.

Lulu - hope you had a fab time on your jollies! You seem to be in a really positive place which I need rubbing off onto me! I can't wait for my jollies in July but haven't been to the gym since beginning of last week so need to make sure I get it in!

My daughters school is doing "Walkshire" this week so we have parked the car a little further away and have been walking to school. We get there a good 20mins before the doors open as my son starts school much earlier and it doesn't make sense to go home so I've decided that we will now do this every morning... will mean I'll have to actually put proper clothes and shoes on rather than holey leggings and pumps that no longer fit!

Funny that... my feet must have shrunk because I have this one particular pair that I loved but keep slipping off... time to hit the shops me thinks!

and finally welcome to our great little cafe Lily and Lady... these ladies are fab for advisc, support and a good laugh too :)

Roll on Friday!

Afternoon Neti !
Hitting the shops for new shoes eh ? Christ I can't wait .. I want to sling these size 9 extra wide fitting heapy , old fashioned and clumpy boots in the damn bin !
Xxxx

I'm surprised yours are not falling off your feet yet misses! You're doing amazingly, came in after me and are whooping my ass ;)

I think the thing I am enjoying most at the minute about my weight loss is my confidence... I'm not worried to speak out in front of a large group - before I would be timid at the back now I'm right up front chatting away! I'll walk in anywhere on my own not feeling self-conscious rather than slinking in worrying people are looking at how fat I am...

What are you all enjoying the most? x

Aww thank you for the praise , it's very welcome
Don't forget I have an awful lot more weight to loose than most with a band .. To be that ideal weight in those diet books I would have to lose over 15 stone so it's going to come off me a lot quicker at the beginning as I just burn calories hauling myself around doing normal things ..
I'd be aiming , what I'd like to be , is a size 16 .. So aiming for 15 stone and that would be a 10 1/2 stone loss .. But 3 of it has already skipped and left town :)
I'm under no illusions whatever where weight loss is concerned and any loss is going to be good for me :)

Back