• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weigh In at the Bander's Cafe!

Hello my gorgeous friends,

Crystal so sorry it's raining in your land. Hoping the sun comes out soon. Sounds like your immunity might be low. Hopefully all the germs are coming at once and they'll leave you alone soon!! Sending get well wishes x x

Mindy you're doing amazingly well...you keep going my lovely. So glad your first fill went so well. You sound like your heads in a really good place.

Lu...I can empathise with the bad night. So last night the oh went out for a curry. I had salmon and avacado got tea...

THEN THE FOOD DEMONS STRUCK!!

So annoyed by my lack of control I had a bag of crisps, a muller rice, more avacado and squirtS of choc shot. Then when to bed feign totally disappointment in myself...

I looked for triggers and I think it's pmt. I go crazed about food around my menstrual cycle. OH came home to a very emotional wife.

Anyway yesterday is in the past...time to move forward and working towards the body I deserve and really want.

I've decided I'm going to think of thigh rub every time I want to hit the cupboards...that's definitely something I want rid of!!!!

Much love to everyone x x x

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1462204995863.jpg
    FB_IMG_1462204995863.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 13
There you are ! I was going to send the police out to look for you ! Hahahaha !
You sound really chipper even though you had a bad day , and your right , pick yourself up and move along the bus ..
I'm actually scared to death to eat a crisp , I have this worry that a sharp piece of it will catch on the band and damage it or get stuck and cause me agony ! I'm such a coward lol ! I saw those choc shot things the other day , picked it up , and put it right back as I know I would be drinking that like its a drug , I'm bad enough putting options powder in my mouth !
And your bad day wasn't that bad really if you look at it , the only bad thing was the crisps ?
Mindy
Xxx

Thanks Mindy. They were doritos!!

Hubby bought me flowers as he was so worried. I've been like a horse with blinkers on so I think he was shocked!!

...just read your post before Mindy I must have missed. Regardless how much weight you have to lose you are doing incredibly well and the goal is yours...those bmi things are just plain daft. Anyway I think you ate going amazingly well and you're an inspiration.

I'll try not to snort any options tonight lol!!!

Attachments

• 1463677038614.jpg
    1463677038614.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 13
Those flowers are beautiful !

Hellooooo .. Ok who left the door open ? It's freezing in here ! And there's an echo ..echoooooo
Helloooo
Where you all at ?

Yeah ! !! Good morning !
I was beginning to think I was all alone hahaha ! And Im Scared of the dark ya know !

I'm brilliant actually , haven't felt this alive since I was a teenager I think .. Went to Hengistbury Head yesterday , my favourite place on earth , and walked quiet a bit and rode scooter as well .. The day was so beautiful . And around one of the cafes , it's full of baby starlings and they are so cheeky they will feed out of your hand !
My eating since the fill has been very good indeed , I stop when I know I should and then a couple of mins later I can feel the restriction .. I have a bacon and cheese baked potato and only ate just over half , which is unheard of for the old me as I would have demolished that , had cake and then be after an ice cream outside !

Blossom how is your restriction doing ? Do you feel it yet ?

Not weighing myself until tomorrow morning .. I am starting to notice the weight loss now myself , it's not that evident by others as of yet .. Would like a steady 2lb a week now , so fingers crossed
How is everyone else doing ?
Mindy
Xxxxx

Hi ladies, hope you're all well! Been a hectic weekend and start of the week! Was in Birmingham at the weekend for my nieces birthday party which was lovely... dont see a lot of the extended family unless there's an event so some people I haven't seen in a year and they all commented on my weight loss - keeping my band quiet so was a bit tricky to dodge all the questions but great to know that my weight loss is noticeable. Made me feel fab tbh ;)

Managed to stick to eating healthy and only had a spoon of hubby's cake.

Haven't weighed in but will do so tomorrow morning - I'm not sure what to expect weight wise but I feel as though my shape is changing, my legs looks slim and tummy is much less rounded!

Blossom and Mindy have you noticed a change in your portion sizes? I haven't yet reached the point of feeling over full or stuffed like I did preop, I'm too worried about how it's going to feel so now I'm at the point where I don't even know if I need a fill... I'm still loosing weight and I'm not feeling hungry in between meals so guess I'll just see how it goes, if my portions do start creeping up larger I'll get one booked in.

Xx

Morning Neticat
Ive only had my fill for just under a week , I'm very conscience of it to be honest .. I still can't eat early morning and can't eat until I've been up and about for over 2 hours then I may feel a little hungry and have something smal then ..
But if I sit down for a meal I have been stopping half way through , waiting for a few mins to see if I'm full . Most of the time I am and I stop .. 1/2 a filled baked potato was enough the other day with a small side salad ..
Last night I ate a marks and spencer meal with no problem followed 10 mins later by a pot of co op fresh fruit salad the. A small pot of rice pudding . .. So I can eat a lot more come the evening that I can during the day ...
I think I might have another 1ml put in on my next top up .. Will have to wait and see ..
I'm definitely not feeling stuffed after say 1 wetabix ...

Morning my lovely beautiful losers
I'm kicking off this weighing in today with a 4lb loss !
I hope your all here and feeling good ?
Xxxx

Well done Mindy 4lbs in a week is fab! I'm 1lb done this week... better than nothing! Im wearing a shift dress today with little buttons all the way down the front - about 3 weeks ago I wore it and it was a little snug around my stomach and the buttons would pop open when i sat down! put it on today and it's loose, no buttons popping open when I sit down! Wahoo!!

Funny that you're not hungry in the morning. I've always hated to be rushed when having my brekkie and coffee so have always had it after the school run.. so I eat around one and half hours after I wake up and I'm starving, my tummy rumbles in the car on the way home :). I was told that the band can tighten over night so that in the morning I may be starving, guess it's not the same for everyone.

It's miserable in Leeds today, been raining all day. Hope it's better where you all are! xox

Awesome news on the dress Neti ! So proves that your shape is changing dramatically ! Well done on the weight loss , mine will slow down I know , buts like a freight train at the moment charging downward :)
If I continue to lose say 2lb a week , which is a normal weight loss , I am right on target for my 19st for my Malta holiday !

Yay!! I think it's great to have a target like a holiday - when are you going again?

I'm so eager to go out shopping, I used to buy my tops a couple of sizes too big so now they're literally hanging off me. I think I'm around size 14/16 but I don't want to waste money so I still haven't bought anything. I hated shopping and never try clothes on but I'm quite looking forward to going to see what size I really am now!

Another dull day here, my meeting for this afternoon cancelled so I might be able to get home early! Was in the office until 9 last night so need to have an early one today :)

I'm a little bit obsessed with eating fish at the moment, had a gorgeous kale salmon salad last night was so simple and tasty! Portion was too big so left about a third of the salmon. Who knew kale was so good :eek:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
I envy people who eat fish . I hate it , the smell , the taste , everything . No seafood whatever .. It always looks so nice as well , but as soon as I get a whiff I'm put off ..
I'm waiting for the time when I can just walk even into Peacocks and buy a top just like that .. I want to do this on my own as well so I can savour the moment lol ! Little things means so much ..

I'm off to Malta in October and I'm so excited about it .. Usually I'm dreading the airport , the flying , the taxi at other end , even the hotel bed .. This time I just have to relax and not worry if I'm going to fit in seats , break anything , or generally worry !

Keep that in mind Mindy! It's the things that we hated so much that will keep us all the more determined to succeed.

I'm going to see if I can hang on until the end of June (my Hols in July). I've never been much of a big spender on clothes as I've always said "well there's no point in spending so much because I'm going to lose weight" only it never happened so my wardrobe is quite pitiful and even more so after the 2 black bags I filled up last week for the charity shop. Like you I can't wait to go in and buy just whatever I want (credit card approval pending ;))

My husbands's a chicken addict, I swear he cannot go 2 days without it but I have converted him to it too! Bless him, he's so used to coming home and getting a big slap up dinner every night, nowadays its usually a salad and a bit of garlic bread or sweet potato if he's lucky! I'm loving M&S food at the minute, it's going to bankrupt me though. The fish they do is the best I've had, the kids love the croissants but I'm too scared of bread/pastry like things getting stuck and I don't want to be getting into bad habits.

Me to Neti ..
I havnt eaten bread or similar since before the pre op diet . Now I , like you , am scared of it getting stuck down there .. I've had half a slice of whole meal bread with my English breakfast the other morning , but I softened of down with beans .. . I don't miss it though , not yet anyway !

Hello All...

So I am officially a Bander now . Operation went well but I have coeliac disease and reflux so was in a lot of pain/discomfort after I woke and couldn't catch my breathe for almost 3 hours which stopped me from getting liquids down me... thank God the whole process was normal due to my issues ☺.

My doctor was fab and so happy to be home as I was 12 hours at the hospital recovering (wouldn't let me go without going the toilet). I was cool as a cucumber but the hubby was a bag of nerves lol.

Finally home and already pottering about. When I came out of theatre all I wanted to do was stand up ha! So going for a 5 mins walk today with my hubby and dogs to get the reflux/air to break down... God I feel sorry for babies when they have trapped wind, gripe water and peppermint tea are my friends today (windeze) didn't work on me for some reason.

Happy Friday everyone

Morning Lady !
Good news on your op :)
Don't do energetic things to quickly , you may feel good but don't forget you still have aenesthetic in your blood which acting as pain relief .. Plus you have open wounds so be careful ..
Rest , potter , nap , that's my advice lol !
Will be so good to follow your new journey !
Mindy
Xxxx

Back