• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight loss

paulineiw

Six Month Post Op
Hi, had the bypass on the 6th June and have lost around 24lb including the liver reduction diet, maybe I am being impatient but I have not lost anything for 4 days now and I am worried that I am eating too much or is this normal? I am trying very hard to stick to the recommended diet, had no dumping or sickness at all so I am lucky on that count! Am I being impatient, what weight loss should I expect? Thanks Pauline:)

hi pauline, i had my bypass 13th may and have lost 34lb including pre-op, i went 2wks without losing any weight the 2nd week after my op i was really upset by this but then the following week i lost 3lb then 3lb the following wk so you just have to be patient i think the average loss is 3.5lb a week after your op. also think you should only weigh yourself once a week but i know its tempting! ive been lucky like you no sickness at all and am now trying to eat normal food. hope this helps.

Back