• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yet another pre op diet post lol:

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Morning all well finally my time is coming round and its a 4 week countdown to my op which is March 2nd.
Tomorrow i start my 4 week low carb liver shrinkage diet and i have made a promise to myself no matter how hard it will be there is no way i will deviate at all.
One very clever lady "Caroline 1061" said to me" all her life she have eaten what she wants and look what it has done to me, so from now on (meaning my pre op) it all changes" Caroline is an inspiration to me and has done so well and has helped me so much through my journey.

That is so true, my greed and misuse of food since i was 4 has made me a very unhappy and unhealthy child then woman and from tomorrow this all changes.

I have made a promise to myself and my bariatric team who are a bit worried bout me as i eat so unhealthy, and live off carbs and rarely eat protein, (the last few weeks i have tried hard to change that) that i will stick to the pre op 100% and then carry it on by following the rules my team give me, and hoping that very soon i will regain my life.

I know my bypass is just a tool and i am so grateful for that tool and that my time is just around the corner ad i am nervous but excited and i sit down every day and just think about all the things that will change in my life, things that most people take for granted that i cant do.

Yesterday i bought myself a measuring spoon set to make sure i dont guestimate the amounts of carbs, as its the limited carbs that shrink ur liver and nothing to do with the protein, but after doing so many vlcd diets i know this lol.
I am allowed 3 portions of carbs and for breaky its either one slice of bread or 3 tbs of cereal, well i have cereal every morning and its usually special k which i have with a yoghurt instead of milk and i have bout 1/2 a bowl, well i was shocked when i measure out 3 tbs could barely see it in the bowl it was such a tiny amount lol.

I was wondering for those of u who did the low carb diet how did u feel full at breakfast as that is the time of the day i am always hungry, and did u measure out all ur carbs or did u just guess it.

Sorry for waffling on and hope i did not bore u 2 much lol, take care luv Roch xxxx

Hi Hun, I did tie cup-a-soup and jelly Pre-op diet, and it is very hard, but i just kept telling myself, that its all for the greater good, and that the hunger was in my head, which to be honest it was.
the best thing to do, is when you get hungry, have a drink of Water, Milk, Juice etc, and occupy your mind with other things.
Best of luck flower. xx

I have every confidence that you will stick to your pre-op diet because I think you aredefinitely strong enough to see it through. Yes, I was also quite shocked when I discovered how little 3 tbsps really is. No, I didn't measure my carbs, I just more or less stuck to the same daily menu. i.e. half a weetabix for brekkie. Mostly veggies and WW soup for the rest of the day and two Muller Lights. Good luck with your diet. Oh I did keep a mini food diary so that at the end of the day I could exactly what I had eaten.

:)Morning Roch:)

For a "big" but low carb breakie I have a bowl of healthy eating fromage frais(this is often much lower carb than yoghurt)
+ some no-added sugar stewed fruit(rhubarb with a few raspberries/strawbs for colour & sweetness - are the lowest carb)
Then for the "crunch factor" (& fibre) top it off with just a couple of spoons of any "healthy" cereal

:)Morning Roch:)

For a "big" but low carb breakie I have a bowl of healthy eating fromage frais(this is often much lower carb than yoghurt)
+ some no-added sugar stewed fruit(rhubarb with a few raspberries/strawbs for colour & sweetness - are the lowest carb)
Then for the "crunch factor" (& fibre) top it off with just a couple of spoons of any "healthy" cereal
Could eat that myself poppet sounds yum x

Four weeks will fly roch and you will be fine because you have waited so long for this, that you will be a total star and begin your new life before you know it x my pre-op diet was low everything and i used the rosemary conelly measure pots because i know by past potion sizes id gestimate way too much, stick to your sheet and wont go wrong good luck hun x

Could you put your meals and bottled water on a shelf in the fridge so you can not go over that days quota,everything measured out ready to go? Maz x

Well done honey for taking a positive stance and making a commitment to the new you.

I was fairly lucky with my pre op, i only did a pre op diet for 5 days and was given the soup mixes by my provider, to be honest i found it quite easy really as i was having milk shakes for breakfast, chicken soup at lunch and for dinner, and at dinner i was allowed to suppliment with some boiled or steamed veg, which i actually blended into the chicken soup to make a nice thick soup, 5 days was up in no time.
One trick i used was to never eat with anyone in that 5 days, when it was dinner time i'd eat mine away from everyone else and avoid watching them eat, worked for me.

Good luck

Having met you Roch I know how determined you are to do this and four weeks is not a long time and you will be there before you know it.

Like everything if we tell ourselves that something is hard then guess what it is bl**dy hard. I found my pre-op really easy to stick to as I had before that been tying (to no avail) stick to lighterlife or cambridge packs and then to be allowed to eat on the pre-op was brillant.

I had a choice of 3tbls of cereal or 1 and 1/2 weetabix which I had as I find they are much more filling.

For lunch I had loads of salad with a little bit of protein and the prescribed about of carbs and in the eve I cooked loads of veg and again a little bit of protein and whilst I was allowed carbs at my third meal I chose not to have them to aid the liver shrinkage (it turned out to be the right choice for me). I was also allowed two peices of fruit and a yogurt. I ate a piece of fruit during the day at work and another at night with the yogurt when I was a bit peckish before bed. For me it really was a matter of loads of salad and veg to top up and stop the hunger. Oh yes and loads and loads of water.

Good luck with it. Text or phone me if you want to chat. Hugs. M/x

morning roch , i know today is the start of your pre op diet ,im not going to wish you luck as im sure you wont need it , you know how important this diet is and you wouldent want to mess up your chances of having the surgery, i just cant wait to see the new you over the next few months , im going to be insanely jelouse for sure , but am so so very happy for you . such a kind sweet person deserves a better quality of life .

You have many freinds here all holding your hand every step of the way and we dont intend on letting you fall ! .. 4 WEEKS IS GOING TO ZOOM BY ....promise xx

Started my pre op today, its only a week in comparison to yours but believe me I understand how strong we are going to be. Look on the bright side..you can eat something I can't it is all liquids and, had exactly same breakfast problem as I always wake up hungry :( BUt we are strong and we are going to do it for the greater good :)

Good luck Roch as you start your pre-op. I am so glad you are finally there at the final hurdle, it must make you so pleased to be almost ready for your new life.

Good luck

M

I was only on the pre op for 2 weeks but found it quite easy compared to after, I am 3 weeks post op and find each day a bit of a struggle esp as i am hungry (oh and its totm)
Good luck you will be fine xxx

Good luck hun!!!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Well Hello Ms Roch!!..lol

Howz it going then? Day 1...:D:D:D

Hi Roch

I was on the pint of milk, yoghurt and soup pre op for 2 weeks so I can't really help you much I'm afraid, just want to wish you all the best and hope day 1 wasnt too bad for you.

If you were a racehorse they would be pushing you into a starting gate!
Hope day one went well for you. I used to look at my milk diet as if it were a 'prescription', that gives it the gravitas to follow it properly. Did fall off the wagon and into KFC a few times, but hey ho!
You've waited so long for this, it's your turn now! I think I drove people mad with crazy questions. All the best!

Back