• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weight loss

katstofat

hy i really need some help as im getting very peed off with my lack of weight loss and i dont know why its not going off well it is but very very slowly.
before my op i was constantly on the cakes and biscuits and such like. every time i went out i would get custard donuts and creamcakes and all the diferent choc bars, my favourets rocky bars and foxs clasic, kit kats, waggon wheels etc, bags of chocolate missshapes and well you name it and i got it. not only bought them but stuffed my face with them. but since my op apart from a couple of weeks over christmas wen i had a bit ive not touched a one. i have poridge, one toast and a scrambled egg or fruit and yougurt for breakfast, if ive not had the egg on toast i may have that for lunch or homemade veg soup or a ham sandwich or something else along these lines , sometimes nothing, for dinner soup, mash veg and gravy , sometimes a bit of shep/ pie things like this and my snaks are fruit or yougurts, s/f jelly. i drink options, reduced sugar lemmon tea, coffee and tea with sweetner, s/f juice and water. i ocasionally have a couple of malted milk biscuits with my drink at night but i shsre these with the dog , but my weight is hardly moving please can someone tell me wat im doing wrong as everyone else seemes to be losing it alot faster . i have started walking more instead of getting the bus this as been very dificult before as just a few steps and i was in agony its still not good but its better,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kath x

:cry: :cry:

:help2:

Sorry to hear of your dissapointment Kath, I know it can't be easy at times.

To get the best out of any of the procedures, you have to get your eating in order, although I was told to stay away from bread, and exercise.

The more exercise you do is obviously better. So try and walk more and more otherwise it's not going to come off very quickly at all.

It is frustrating when you lose slower. I felt it big time myself but for some reasons it just is. My only comment on your food would be there does not appear to be enough protein and that will slow you down, you need 60g a day minimum and your food you popped down is nowhere near that. Its protein that helps burn fat so if you try more meat, eggs fish etc it should help. Don't know how old you are but that also affects rate of loss for some.

You've still lost a good amount,

M

Hi kath i am just a baby bypasser but looking at your description of your food intake could you possibly cut down on some of the carbs and replace them with protein instead.
Are you getting your 60 grms of protein each day, sometimes just cutting out some carbs and upping your protein could be just what you need to start losing weight again.
Are you drinking enough as us women can def retain water very easily.
Maybe you can keep a food diary of all your eating and also def think its a good idea of you could post a few days menu so the experienced peeps can offer you some advice.
Hope your weight starts moving soon xxx

That's good advice there. I put my daily food intake onto the Food Diary section. It helps me to spot little trends that I didn't notice on a daily basis. For example, I would eat bread if I hadn't prepared anything in advance.

An easy way of upping your protein is by drinking milk, semi-skimmed milk has 3.3g of protein per 100mls which is fab!

ty all i will take all your advice on board and try to have more protin. i am 61 next month do you really think that that will slow down my weight loss, well naturally im not as active as i was wen i was younger but i am hoping to start water arobics shortly. i dont eat a lot of meat i never have im not vegiterian but i not that fond of a lot of meat. i do have more than i put down as i really couldnt put down everything i was having then i do have lots of eggs and milk though, but i will also start a food diary to see if that helps . once again thanks..................kath x

Low fat cheese is a good source of protein as are baked beans and lentils.

Back