• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weight loss following the sleeve

nulao

I am two week post op and i lost 1stone in the first 9 days, but have lost nothing since would just like to know is this normal or should i be worried, am freeking out a bit as i'm still on liquids so would think i should be loosing, advice please

:)It all sounds VERY normal:)

Lots of "searching" & "googling" will highlight how "normal" this isxxxx

I am only for days past op, but as far as I've been told you should be happy to lose anything because your not eating anything so you're metabolism has nothing feeding it and it keeps what it has until it gets the food.

But don't start eating just to lose because we are still in the healing process.:) good luck, I know I am so excited to be a post opper:)

Its different for each person. So its best not to compare oneself to others. I did not lose very much at all with the sleeve but others have lost great amounts.

Just be happy with what you lose and do not stress over it. Thats just my opinion.

As they say welcome to the losing side.
Rosebun x

This is the time to heal not worry about weight :)

Do not worry at all. It can be slow at the start and you can also get times when you don't lose anything for quite some time. Stick to the rules and make sure you keep moving and drinking water - it will come off eventually.

When I had my surgery back in February last year, I was wearing a size 26/28. By December I was wearing a size 10/12 and I'm now comfortably in a size 8 and maintaining.

Keep the faith! x

thank you all for your replies, and it's good to hear how others are getting on, well done I hope i am able to give as good advice to others in a few months
thanks again

your weight losses ave been fantastic!!! i am just waiting for my op date to ave a sleeve and what tips do you have for me so i get the best from the sleeve??

thanxs xx

Back