• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight Loss Stalls

Terri, I'm not going to say much as things can come across wrong and I wouldn't want you to think I was being horrid.

Just try and focus on those memories before your operation. How much happier you was when losing weight. This is just a barrier that needs to be broken!

Do you really have wanted to risk your life going under the knife to blow the chance given to you?

Are there any weight loss groups or motivational groups you could attend? Listen to someone in the same situation.

It's very hard for me to give advice as I'm not at a stage where I have even thought about giving up and can't understand it so well. Sorry xx

Hi terri, i've always kept an eye on your weightloss as we had our ops the same day. December was an awful month for me i skipped a period put on 2lb and had a stall for 3 almost 4 weeks but have since gone back to losing my average 2lb a week and my periods are back to normal. I must say reading other peoples post i eat way more rubbish food than most and my excercise is minimal except walking the dog! The only thing i really watch is my snacking. Maybe you could try watching what you eat inbetween meals as a start as see if that helps you get into the swing of things? what are you eating on an average day?

On an average day here is what I eat

Breakfast - milky coffee
If not at college either a couple of crackers or some ceral

Lunch milky coffee and bag of crisps

afternoon couple of biscuits

Tea - main meal either chicken or beef with veg

mid evening milky coffee and a couple of squares of chocolate or another couple of biscuits.

Not good is it but can't get my head around getting back to three meals. I still find it hard to eat and drink within half an hour of each other and as most days I have to be at college for ten I find it hard to fit breakfast in, then the rest just snowballs.

I dont think thats too bad! i know it could be better but it's not awful. CCPM has had a 7 week stall so maybe it's nothing to do with your diet, who knows! I know it gets people down but dont beat yourself up. how about just trying different foods, what i really enjoy is a tupperware pot of grated cheese, grated carrot, sultanas mixed with some salad cream i have this for lunch most days, you could easily take that to college with you it's yummy! I do feel it's your lunch or lack of it what is the problem if there is one.

On an average day here is what I eat

Breakfast - milky coffee
If not at college either a couple of crackers or some ceral

Lunch milky coffee and bag of crisps

afternoon couple of biscuits

Tea - main meal either chicken or beef with veg

mid evening milky coffee and a couple of squares of chocolate or another couple of biscuits.

Not good is it but can't get my head around getting back to three meals. I still find it hard to eat and drink within half an hour of each other and as most days I have to be at college for ten I find it hard to fit breakfast in, then the rest just snowballs.

Your not eating enough calories T - its simple, cut out the crap foods, anything slider is hollow calories and anything that doesn't offer you restriction, make sure you eat your 3 meals a day, that takes dicipline if your in an environment where its neither easy to get good food or you cant be bothered to prepare in advance.

Breakfast - milky coffee and crackers, your washing the crackers through with coffee, ergo offers you nothing as your making the crackers slide

Lunch - Crisps and coffee ! again the same as breakfast, hollow calories

You know this in yourself, you dont need me or anyone here to tell you this stuff, you have lost a shed load of weight so far and you now need to apply techniques and get your head around eating properly, if that means planning meals in advance then you have to do this.

So your not gona feel down about this, its a hickup that you/we can sort, your gona get back into the swing of this WLS and embrace a healthier eating life style, you will find or make time to eat (this is important) you'll increase your protein intake with each meal and eat to full restriction, that means you eat till you get that slightly tight feeling in your chest, cut out the crap foods (if you eat properly with each meal then you wont feel hungry) and you'll be back on track within a week.

Your long term success hinges on your ability to get your head around eating properly, no one says you cant have a treat from time to time, but you have to get your meals correct.

If you do this and it doesn't work then we can look at food diaries, calorie counting etc and work out another strategy going forward.

End of motivational speach ;)

I have faith in you, let me down and i'll be up there to kick your hairy butt lol ;-)

I have faith in you, let me down and i'll be up there to kick your hairy butt lol ;-)

I dont remeber showing you my hairy butt, maybe the cold meds are having a worse effect on me that I think.

Thanks Rich and everyone else, I will try, I just need to find that faith in myself again, it is there somewhere xx

I dont remeber showing you my hairy butt, maybe the cold meds are having a worse effect on me that I think.

Thanks Rich and everyone else, I will try, I just need to find that faith in myself again, it is there somewhere xx

No comment on the hairy butt lol but I hope you find that faith in yourself again Tes. Good luck for tomorrow, manybe when thats out of the way you will be more focused :D

Brunetteandred told me, though how she knows is beyond me :D

I have put off posting on here as I feel like a bit of a failure. I posted it in my diary but here goes.

I haven't lost weight now for approx 7 weeks (lose 2 one week put it back on the next), I am eating crap as 1) its easier than trying to make something the night before, 2) I know its wrong but still have to eat it, 3)I have realised that I AM already back into my old eating habits and don't know how to break the cycle.

I need some help and just can't do it by myslef and my family just don't understand.

I was given some great advice on my diary thread but I just can't seem to give myself a kick up the arse needed to get me into gear. I feel such a failure at this that it is serious risk of turning everything else into a failure as well. I knew it would be hard but never in my wildest dreams did I think at 8 months post op would I be posting this. Everybody thinks I so have this under control its a relief just to say how out of control things have really got x

Terri you have taken the words right out of my mouth i feel exactly the same :sigh: , its so nice to find someone who is going through the same sort of thing i am.
I 'm thinking about starting again, ie going back to liquids etc, to see if that can give me a kick start, but the problem is actually starting and then sticking with it :eek: as those bad habits have slipped back in :(. I also need to get my arse back to the gym, but at the moment i havent got the energy or motivation to do so,so i am throwing money away paying for it really :rolleyes:. Anyway i just wanted to let you know you're not alone in how you feel hun.

Hi, Haven't been on the site for ages, couldn't work out how to get on it!
I am really struggling. I have lost around 75lb since surgery in June 2009, but now I am not losing at all, about 2lb since xmas!
My weight loss seems slow compared to most of you, I have contacted my dietician and she says that as I have rheumatoid arthritis and not very mobile I am on track but I am getting quite despondent!
Any advise the best way to kick start the weight loss?
Good to be back on the site, I miss the help and support
Pauline:)

Ticker!

Can't seem to change my weight loss ticker, think I am 100lb over on my weight loss!!!!! Will keep trying!!

Its great to see so many posting on this thread which is close to my heart as I'm the queen of stalls I think. 7 weeks last time.

Terri: Firstly you are not a failure, don't even start thinking like that, this is the major first step to take - disbelief in yourself is the sure fire way to not do well. You have just wandered off the pathway and can get back on. I replied on your diary and really believe you can do this but need to get it right in your head first. No time....make time, you must, its that simple. You are important to you, your family and others. They will all benefit from your weight loss its not just you.

Your food choices are poor and you know they are. Make better ones.

Always one to get myself into a conversation lets use my day as an example of fitting things in.

5:30am Up and get ready drink 3 mugs of fluid. Read, minis - I don't get time for this any other time so I made some time
6:30am - Treadmill 35mins
7:10am downstairs get food bag with lunch and breakfast out of fridge
7:15am Leave for 30min drive to work - radio to catch up with news, music. This also means I'm not drinking so gap between drinking and meals naturally occurs so decided breakfast at work - needs to be quick and portable
7:45am work get tray of drinks sorted for the day and microeave breakfast if required.
8:00 start work, eat breakfast usually scrambled eggs or breakfast quiche I make myself (200cals 22g protein)
8:45 time to start drinking while I work and continue to 11:00. Gap then before lunch
12:00 or as close to protein yoghurt (total yoghurt 225gms, scoop toffee protein powder, 1/2scoop splenda and 1tablespoon no sugar added peanut butter) 100gs wafer thin chicken or ham
13:00 Start afternoon drinks
17:00 stop drinking, pack up go home
17:30 Treadmill 20 - 30mins
18:00 Get tea ready and eat it. Chicken, veg or salad plus another protein yoghurt. Make my breakfast, lunch and dinner arrangments ready for tomorrow
19:00 Do what I like and drink. Log my food into food focus check if I need more protein. If so snack of meat, low fat cheese or another yoghurt.

My feet rarely touch the ground between start to finish, sometimes it doesn't go to plan but thats life. I don't like getting up early or doing the treadmill but realiseI need to

My plans for me and my life and believe me it hurts but needs doing. You need one for your life and you

Good luck, you can do this

M

Well the stall has gone!

7lbs lost this week! It was saying 9lbs lost but I didn't believe that and recalibrated the scales!

Now I'm 3lbs off breaking that magical 20 stone mark!

Not sure what's caused it, extra cycling (I do 11 miles now) or taking extra pills like Acai Berries, Cherry Active capsules and some Thermopure fat burners when I exercise!

Whatever it is, it's done the trick!

I have stalled since before christmas, no weight gain, but i really want to try and shift it. I HAVE been keeping a diary on foodfocus and what i notice is if i eat healthy foods i am not getting enough calories, and that it is easy for me to slip out of the healthy eating plan when i am on night shifts. somehow i have to increase my calories while on the healthy foods on nights so i feel full longer. however i also feel like i am snacking all the time when eating healthy which is a condition i wanted to get out of. Any ideas would be appreciated

I have stalled since before christmas, no weight gain, but i really want to try and shift it. I HAVE been keeping a diary on foodfocus and what i notice is if i eat healthy foods i am not getting enough calories, and that it is easy for me to slip out of the healthy eating plan when i am on night shifts. somehow i have to increase my calories while on the healthy foods on nights so i feel full longer. however i also feel like i am snacking all the time when eating healthy which is a condition i wanted to get out of. Any ideas would be appreciated

It is entirely possible that your body has reached its ideal weight, i was told that we are all different and your body will decide for itself when to stop, given that you now do exercise as well its also possible that your building muscle mass back up, and whilst its a ***** not losing weight and staying the same despite every effort to lose weight, building up that core muscle mass is ultimately a good thing as that will help to keep your body and organs in good shape...... so now may be the time to re evaluate your longer term goals and accept yourself how you are and concentrate on fitness rather than weight lose, though only you can decide if the times right or you have reached that point in your own personal journey.

I'll be honest with you, you have come a hell of a long way and look great for it now. ;)

Thanks Richard, i feel comfortable with how i am weight wise just i need to talk to the GP about some plastic surgery i have discovered that brent DO some including thighs, lower body and breasts which was a good surprise. However i am not in a 'healthy' BMI and i also suspect if ALL my saggy bits were dealt with i would be a nice healthy BMI, but you know the NHS its what the stats read at that moment that usually counts.

And yes it is possible i am building up muscle mass now, thats something i have considered. I have shrunk another 1/2 inch all over since christmas. This has slowed right down as well which i am thankful for. A size 12/14 always seemd out of my reach before i had my bypass, and i never dreamed i would be there now. So i do not consider myself a failure, as i have achieved more then i expected.

Thanks Richard, i feel comfortable with how i am weight wise just i need to talk to the GP about some plastic surgery i have discovered that brent DO some including thighs, lower body and breasts which was a good surprise. However i am not in a 'healthy' BMI and i also suspect if ALL my saggy bits were dealt with i would be a nice healthy BMI, but you know the NHS its what the stats read at that moment that usually counts.

And yes it is possible i am building up muscle mass now, thats something i have considered. I have shrunk another 1/2 inch all over since christmas. This has slowed right down as well which i am thankful for. A size 12/14 always seemd out of my reach before i had my bypass, and i never dreamed i would be there now. So i do not consider myself a failure, as i have achieved more then i expected.

Just looked at your pictures you do look really great you must be so please. Never thought i'd have the courage to put before and after pictures on here but feel like i could now after seeing yours.

Di

The plastic surgery in our area depends on BMI less than 28 and I think that will be the nice guidelines as Northants usually take that road. Need aso to have reached and maintained weight for 2yrs but some areas say 12 months

HTH

M

Thanks Lisa and yes i am really pleased with how its turned out, much better then i expected.

M thanks i am going to book an appointment with my GP later to discuss options, and also get my thyroid rechecked. Jonah thinks i am tired all the time because i am on too much levothyroxine, which would not surprise me. My body mass has drastically reduced since i had my last test. I will t

Back