• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

anyone having there op in june

mummy2309

im on the list for the 5th of june, im having the sleeve done just wondering if anyone else has this month, so we can start weight loss journeys together.
i start my pre op liver reduction diet on the 22nd of may

I'm bypass on10th June, start LSD on 27th (3rd time lucky) due to pancreatitis and gallbladder removal x

me me me!!! I am having a band fitted on the 9th June (husbands birthday - I have told him a new wife will be his gift!LOL) commencing my pre-op diet on the 26th May with the milk diet

I'm having a gastric bypass on 3rd June :) I started my milk diet yesterday as I have to do it for 3 weeks. How's everyone feeling? I'm excited for a new beginning but also questioning my self am I doing the right thing

I am excited, not been questioning myself as yet, I have spent a long time getting to this point and I know that this is the way forward for me for a long term sustainable solution. GA scared the bejeesus out of me lol

I have a provisional date of June 19th for my bypass. Most likely to be pushed back up to 8 days.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

woohoo there alot of us then good luck with all your ops, im worried about the pre op liver reduction diet in cause my liver doesn't shrink to the size they want

Last edited:
Does'nt seem to be any from Sunderland for June yet, but I suppose theres still time. Good luck to you all with your pre op's.

lindy62

How long is everyone having to do the pre op diet for? My op is on 3rd june and started it this monday as I have been told to do 3 weeks x

My hospital requires 2wks but I'm doing 3wks to be certain my liver shrinks as my surgeon is known for aborting op if liver is too big x

My hospital also requires 2wks but I'm doing 3wks to be certain my liver shrinks too, so starting on sunday maybe monday not made my mind up yet

can i ask which diets your doing, im doing the liver reduction diet

My liver reduction post op diet consists of the following

ForumRunner_20130515_163937.jpg

This was the only option I was given :(

I have not been advised to do the liver shrinkage diet as I have lost over 10kg eating healthy,whether they will spring it on me @ pre op on 24th I don't know,either way,my liver must have shrunk,more concerned with my diet following the procedure

Kjb, you'll probably find that you will have to do liver shrink. You basically end up starving your body of sugar so that your liver uses up as much fat around it as possible.

I'm down ~40kg pre op and will still have to do it.

There seems to be 2 main diets. One is the milk diet and the other is a very strict high protein low carb.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Last edited:
Obese people tend to have heavy enlarged fatty livers which can make surgery difficult and dangerous. So that's the reason nearly everyone has to do it. Just a means to and end x
Monday will be my 3rd LSD X
I will be doing the low fat, sugar and carb one.

I'm having either a Sleeve or Bypass on 9th June, we have already spoken. :)

2 wks pre-op diet and counting, I couldn't imagine doing 3 wks!

Good luck everyone :)

omg 6 days to go for me

Back