• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight losses pre fill and post fill & sweet spot

magicbeans

no longer obese!!
So i just read neen and joanne say that weight loss is really something that happens post first fill....so i was gonna ask the bandits, how much did u lose from op to fill and from ur first fill to second fill

also how many fills to get to ur sweet spot

Hi magic,

From op to first fill I lost a stone. Had my first fill 6 weeks from op, since fill I'm losing about 1 lb a week but it's hard work. I'm in need of my second fill which i plan to get in the next two weeks (shall be about ten weeks post op).

I was told it usually takes between two and three fills to reach the sweet spot. ;) x

Surgery was ( July 2010) I lost 8lbs post op

First fill was in Sept but didnt lose( as had too have port resighted) but once I had 2nd fill (Nov) I lost 3 stone , even tho I had wls in July and had port resighted, my weight loss didnt begin until Nov. HTH xx

i Lost nothing before my op (no will power) about 1 stone afterwards then nothing until my third fill in january i,ve lost a further 1 stone 3lb since Jan

thats a great post am interested too. xx

thanks ladies....very interesting!! seriously Healthier Weight made out that the biggest and most important loss was from op to first fill!!!

well pre-op i lost 14lbs (op 29th jan) then 5lb from op to 3 weeks post op then it stopped first fill (10th march) then first fill to 2nd fill (6th april) i lost 5lb since second fill have lost around another 7lb so far. am awaiting dietician phone consult end of this month but i think maybe a small 0.5ml fill and i may well be at my sweet spot have got quite good restriction now xx

It was for me! What you have to remember is that everyone is different.

I lost nothing on my pre op and thirty something pounds prior to my first fill. By one year post band I only had a stone and a half to lose, since then I have lost that but only now am I at my sweet spot.

Just the reduction in portions that the band enforces helped me lose most of my weight. I only really needed to have a much tighter band to help shift the last bit of weight.

Back