• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight management done now referral!!!

Hi all just wondering if anybody has completed the new procedure in the North East! I have just been signed off the Weight Management and referred to the Bariatric Surgeon in North Tees and I was wondering if anybody else has got this far yet as the weight management is relatively new in the north east and how long/what happened next!!! Thanks in advance!:)

hi , im in the north west liverpool , i did the 12 mth plan and literally once i had done my last appointment with the dietition it was a couple of weeks then i was in for a 4hr pre op , this consisted of meetings with the surgoen/anethestists/dietition/and the phychologist , it also inc blood tests / height / weight and ecg test and i was given my op date at the end which tbh was a total shock as it was 2 weeks away i literally left the hospital and started my pre op diet haha couldnt believe it happened so quick , good luck.

OMG that quick!!! I will have to tell work as I haven't even told them I am going in for surgery! I am taking holidays/unpaid leave so will have only a small amount of time off and good luck with your surgery if you haven't already had it:)

Hi all just wondering if anybody has completed the new procedure in the North East! I have just been signed off the Weight Management and referred to the Bariatric Surgeon in North Tees and I was wondering if anybody else has got this far yet as the weight management is relatively new in the north east and how long/what happened next!!! Thanks in advance!:)

Didn't do weight management programme as my BMI was over 50, but did have surgery at North Tees in May. Can't recommend the team enough! Good luck with your continuing journey! Xx

Thank you - quick question I have my seminar on Wednesday and if I have been invited to this this means I have been granted funding doesn't it??? thanks;0

good luck that's brilliant news, I'm at my weight management just now just week 3 next week, hope I loose enough to get referred to the surgeons, what was your ways and methods of loosing the weight at weight management, I've put on weight since starting :(

Well done on your referral and it is hard to begin with but I didn't follow a diet I just cut back on the rubbish and just kept thinking of the end result - a sleeve!!! Good luck and I am sure it will click once you start working with the WL team take care:)

Hey Blondie43, i hope you dont mind me asking but if you didnt have to do the weight management, how long did it take for you to get your surgery date after first seeing your GP about possibly getting surgery?

Hey Blondie43, i hope you dont mind me asking but if you didnt have to do the weight management, how long did it take for you to get your surgery date after first seeing your GP about possibly getting surgery?

It was a little different for me, as tier three was just coming in at the time and no new referrals were going through North Tees at the time - this held things up for a couple of months. In the meantime I was referred to Sunderland got excepted there and got a date for a seminar. Then I had to go for an endoscopy back at North Tees and the bariatric surgeon did it, we had a good talk and he said as BMI over 50 I could be accepted straight to the hospital, so I transferred back. I'll do a time line so it's clearer!

Middle of April 2014- went to GP to ask for slimming tablets - she said they didn't work and had I ever thought of WLS! Referral got sent off straight away.

End of June - finally found out that North tees were not accepting new patients until tier 3 sorted out. Referred to Sunderland.

July 18th -appointment came through for Sunderland Seminar

end of July endoscopy - referred back to North Tees

Middle of August - seminar at North Tees ( weight loss target set )

middle of November - appointment with Bariatric Nurse and dietician - weight loss target met and both recommended me for surgery

Middle of Jan - put a little weight back on, so given an extra month to get rid of it

middle of Feb - target met and listed for surgery

Had surgery the 13th May 2015, so it took about 13 months ( could have been earlier without all the delays at the beginning ) but in all honesty the time whizzed by

Thanks so much! :) the time line is something I'm uncertain about because it seems so different for everyone. I'm in Birmingham and have my first appointment with the clinic there on November the 3rd and the closer it gets the more I seem to think about it. I just can't wait to see where I stand personally with the whole thing and what I should expect from it myself. It's seems to average at around 14 months and that seems so long but at least it's 14 months working towards something rather than another 14 months wasted.

Back