• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weight management

xxsarahxx

:confused:Hi all, i'm due to start 6 months weight management at walsall manor and are wondering what to expect, any feedback would be greatly received x

Hi Sarah I did 12 months weight management at Russells Hall hospital.
All they did was checked my height, weight blood pressure, Booked me in for blood tests (to check for any medical problem that might make you put on weight) told me what I should and shouldn't eat and gave me a food diary to write down everything that i ate and drank and what activity I was doing.
Then at every appointment my weight and blood pressure is taken and had a chat (what are you eating? how can you change your eating habits? etc)
For me it was a waste of time in 18 months my weight stayed within 2lb of my start weight

My weight management was in Halton so probably very different but for ten weeks I had to go to the gym twice a week and go to a group meeting with a dietician once a week where we learnt all about food etc
After that ten weeks the dietician had the choice of whether to send me on to the bariatric dietician if I had done enough in the ten weeks and although my weight hadnt changed even with diet and the gym twice a week he sent me on.
I went to the next dietician and she informed me that I had to 'be in the system' for twelve months before she could apply for funding for me, in which time I would see her every six weeks and would also see the psychologist.
Taking into account that the ten weeks was considered part of that twelve months I still had the next ten months to get through.
I saw her every six weeks and met the psychologist twice and then at twelve months she put in for funding, which I got and then I went forward from there.
God bless her, at that point I was no longer her patient but she gave me her email address and asked me to keep in touch with updates, which I have done.
So thats how it worked for me but Im at a different pct to you so I dont know how yours works.
Steph xx

thank you both for your comments x

This is weird, as I was not asked to do any type of weight management prior to surgery apart from my 2 week pre-op diet. :confused:

This is weird, as I was not asked to do any type of weight management prior to surgery apart from my 2 week pre-op diet. :confused:

Same here Kim. I asked my GP to be referred for surgery and a month later, I got funding with no weight management or anything.

I didn't know my Gp could refer me straight to surgery.
My dad was doing weight management so I asked if I could be refered too, as I thought this was the only way to get the surgery.
Little did I know.If I had known I could have had the surgery 2 years ago.
Arr well we live and learn

as far as i know, 6 months weight management is part of walsall pcts requirement for funding to be considered, i think thats right x

hi sarah, im having surgery at walsall manor on sunday (fingers crossed) the weight management thing must be new hun, i wasnt asked to do anything at all apart from the two week milk diet ( half way through). good luck for next tuesday hun, i think you,ll feel easier when you,ve had your 1st appointment x x

hi sarah, im having surgery at walsall manor on sunday (fingers crossed) the weight management thing must be new hun, i wasnt asked to do anything at all apart from the two week milk diet ( half way through). good luck for next tuesday hun, i think you,ll feel easier when you,ve had your 1st appointment x x
You're right tomkat, i've been waiting so long now it's ridiculous. I just need to get abit of patience from somewhere and try to go with the flow. I bet you are so excited for sunday, mothers day of all days lol. I suppose it doesn't matter, i'm sure i'd be in there christmas day if they let me lol.
I'll be thinking about you hun, it's gonna be a week full of excitement and emotion, but the prize at the end will be well worth it x:)

Back