• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what to expect ????

marie2013

Hi all
Just received 2 appointments to the pre-op clinic one on the 20th of feb with the nurses and the second for the 26th with anesthetist. These are at Walsall manor just wondering what to expect from theses appointments.??????

I can't help either as I went private, but just wanted to say welcome :)

Hi Marie

I'm at a different hospital and a lot earlier in the process so can only guess. I saw the anaesthetist at my first appointment and he went through previous op history, any complications etc and then described what they would do plus ways to ease/improve recovery after.

For me at the hospital i had mines done at, the pre OP appointment was basically going over the leisure sign papers and answer any questions. Anesthesia appointment was like a history and physical but mostly verbal. The doctor really getting to know you personally to have everything ready in case sometime goes wrong and to prevent anything from going wrong.

Sent from my M886 using WLSurgery

Hi Marie
Im at Walsall and just had the same appointments on 5th Feb
1st one is the get weighed , blood pressure etc. They also give you an ECG.
They give you a questionaire to fill in, this is just about your health present and past, eg If you have had any past op's etc.
Also they give you a form to go have your bloods done too.
Your 2nd app with your anaesthetist he goes over what you have put in your questionnaire, then he will decided your op date give the date to you and tell you when to start your diet , if you havent already :)
Nothing to worry about....good luck x

Back