• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight management

cookiejojo

Had my weight management meeting today to be honest I have no idea where I stand with getting a band. Been told to do a food diary, continue with weight watchers and have a home visit from someone. Don't even know where I am on the 4 tier system. Saw dietition and psycotherapist discussing my diet and habbits. I ended up crying, dont know if thats a good thing or bad thing. All I know its a 6 to 12 month plan inc group meetings with exercise class. I just want to know will I be referred and funded after what is going to be an emotional roller coaster x

Its a process hun and you are on your way!Maz x

I am sure that if you do all that is required by you there shouldn't be any reason why they wont give u an op ( providing funding is agreed etc and no other problems arise) - Julie xxx

I do hope so, just a little indication would be nice. I have hypertension and on medication which presume will work in my favour. Have to say reflecting on today I feel like a bit of weight has been shifted even if it is just talking about food issues x

hi ya im 4 months nearly into my 6 months weight managment i have to keep food and drink diary and go to there gym twice a week , all i have lost up to yet is 6lb thats on a 1,500 cal diet . at 3 months i was put back on orlistat and at the end of my 6 months course (july) i will go see the consultant again to discuss whats next. I no they have to show that EVERY avenue and weight loss drug have been tried before applying for funding hun, its a long slow process but i hope everyone on this journey has there day xxxxxxxxxxx

if you have have been to a weight management session you are probably on tier 2 maybe tier 3 you have to do 7 sessions at this level before you progress further at tier 4 you have to do 6 months before they concider you for surgery at tier 5

Hi....i'm in west sussex,surgery has only just been put back on the nhs. Ours is a 4 tier service presume i would go straight onto tier 3 bmi over 40 with co- morbidities Been doing weightwatchers for 6months already always doing some diet usually slimming world. Heres our system presuming doc opens, im new to this lol xx

http://www.westsussexgp.com/documents/Tier3Pathway.doc

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Hi replied in your newbies post but it sounds like you're going to join the tier three programme. i am already on it and it looks like there is no band.bypass funding for new cases till October (earliest) and seems everyone will have to go through the tier 3 weight management process for a year. It would appear then you may or may not be referred by the team for surgery.

Hi chuffy, do they tell you were you are on the tier service. I'm waiting for a home visit, whats all that about? Been doing my food diary and feelings section been a week now just feel like ive been left to get on with it at the moment. I read online something about October funding being allowed but my doc said it had been reinstated again in his letter. October will be the 6 month mark for me so hopefully maybe i will get referred as management team said 6 to 12 months. Maybe they just hope I will get fed up of doing a diet and food diary and dissapear. I dont know what there expectations are or how are we supposed to be feeling or behaving for them to think we are ready for surgery or if we even deserve it x

I think it is because they want to know you are committed, and that the commitment will continue post op, and to make sure the money in the pot doesnt go to waste. Good luck though x

Hi Cokkiejojo the home visit looks at your diary and the health trainer will try and suggest some thigns to help, like setting small goals and making some changes. it is not a quick win or diet programme. I was self referred so kind of knew that i was tier 3 but no-one has actually said it. we have a group meeting every 2 weeks and an exercise session. Most of the group are really nice. Its going ok and if it means surgery at the end of the day, or losing weight the "traditional" way then i'll be happy.

We all have to jump through hoops of various sizes and shapes to suit our PCT's requirements. You may well feel alone and left to get on with it, but they are there for you really and for those times you feel abandoned there is this site and all of us who have either been there and done that or are at the same place as you or even behind you and willlearn form your experiences. So chin up my dear you will soon be through those hoops and ready to go on to the op and join the losers bench.

I have my first weight management meeting on Monday and I am very nervous and dont know what to expect, but I will make it clear that I was referred after discussing WLS with my GP and this is my long term aim. Does that sound like what I should be doing?

Hi Lisa what area do u live in? ive got my first group meeting today and im really anxious, dont know why I guess I just dont know what to expect and I really dont like have to speak out in a group.

My first management meeting was with dietian and Psychologist should have had a questionaire to fill out but never received it. Basically it was alot of questions about your weight, diet, issues, quite emotional really. It was pretty daunting sitting there didnt know if i was being judged or if they were reading me.

Been doing a food diary for last 2 weeks and following weight watchers also have to write thoughts and feelings. All I know that the weight management is for 6 months to a year and no guarantee that theres surgery at the end of it x

Hi Lisa what area do u live in? ive got my first group meeting today and im really anxious, dont know why I guess I just dont know what to expect and I really dont like have to speak out in a group.

My first management meeting was with dietian and Psychologist should have had a questionaire to fill out but never received it. Basically it was alot of questions about your weight, diet, issues, quite emotional really. It was pretty daunting sitting there didnt know if i was being judged or if they were reading me.

Been doing a food diary for last 2 weeks and following weight watchers also have to write thoughts and feelings. All I know that the weight management is for 6 months to a year and no guarantee that theres surgery at the end of it x

I live in Oxford. I did get a load of questionaires through to fill out, so I will do that over the weekend. My doctor said my weight management would be for 12 months, but I have a BMI of about 56 so I thought I should be able to get surgery, but apparently not. I get so nervous about this kind of thing, I'm not looking forward to it, but I know I'm on the right track with the people who can help me! Let me know how you get on

Hey, im just back from meeting, it was ok actually only 6 of us dont think all after wls tho. Had the exercise assesment which was good my thighs are killing me. The general feeling in the group is no one really knows whats what. People that want band have no idea if theres one at the end of it. No one will tell us anything just a glimmer of light would be nice.

Just be honest in your form filling u cant go wrong then. Let me know how u get on x

Back