• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight Management Programme

mumsie74

Evening folks,

I just found out today i start my 9 months on a weight management programme on 9th Sept. after that a 3 month low calorie diet and then hopefully the Dieticians will refer me. I can be good at losing the weight while im being watched and weighed but i know when im left to my own devices it will creep back on! Would like to know how you guys got on with the weight management and any tip you can give me to ensure they refer me, do's and dont etc?

Hi Mumsie
That is great news. I too am from Scotland, and been referred to weight management programme in Lothian (last August), but still waiting for group to start! However it now looks like I can afford to go private - so am just starting to make enquiries!!
Hope it all goes well for you.
Crackers

Hi Mumsie, Here in Sheffield we have a great programme called Weigh Ahead which is a necessity before you can be referred for surgery. It is only a 3 month programme but very helpful. You can get as much or as little support as you as an individual need all with the aim of losing as much weight as possible under their guidance. They are not at all pushy, just supportive. I can't recommend them highly enough as they give you lots of information & weekly either appointments or telephone calls. You will really benefit from your weight management course if it is anything like the Sheffield one. Good luck, Mumsie :D

Back