• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weird cravings

Alex D

I keep craving fruit juice, not the horrible sugary stuff but the real stuff, Has anyone else been getting strange cravings since there op????

Might not be weird, you might be craving vit c?

Beef Bolognaise (without the pasta) for two weeks post op! Then I had it puréed, and it was awesome. It wasn't a Favourite pre-op, but I just craved it so badly. But now I'm transitioning onto soft food, no more cravings, yay!

In the early days I use to get strange cravings all the time. When you can eat more they tend to go away. Try satisfying your juice craving with watered down pure fresh orange juice - try 1 third of a glass with 2 thirds water. Or there is the new tropicana 50/50 which is much less sugar. Again be cautious when you first try anything like this and don't have much as you don't know if you dump easily yet. I don't and can have a small glass without watering it down but I know other people who can't do that so better to be safe than sorry water it down. Enjoy :) x

daym, battered fish, that would have messed u up post op!! luckily i have a juicer so im sorted!! beef bolognaise - sounds goood!! right im off for a juice :)

No weird cravings but I have completely gone off coffee since leaving the hospital and couldn't function before without my coffee.

No coffee is still a fixture for me. It's weird with the cravings. As soon as I'm faced with actually having to eat food they disappear. I think the cravings are more the memory of the smell, taste and texture. Having to eat baby type food is going to cause cravings but I have it on good authority they disappear once you start back on solids. Alex, when did you have your op? X

Back