• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

"well that's me told ! "

debbieb

Went for a post op 9 month check and got told off by the dietician :( .. Why , because I had put weight on ?.. Or because I had stayed the same ?... NO , because I moaned at how much weight I had lost !!.. I was expecting to have lost a lot more..... SO i guess you are wondering how much I have lost in just over 9 months ? ...9 stone. And 4lb ... all I said was that it ?.. Lol, the reason being was that people who know me will know I had a bit of a rocky start after my bypass which required further surgery , and I was promptly told that I had lost 64 % of my excess body weight in 9 months and my bmi has gone from 61 to 36 .. My clothes size has dropped from a 34 to an 16/18 so I have halved in size literally , so I guess that told me !! :) ,
When I asked how much they expected me to lose by my next appointment they said they would be happy for me just not to put weight on ! , because I have already lost what they expected me to lose at 2 years post op , not at 9 months post op and I am already one of my surgeon's " high achievers "

borogirl

Hi You have done exceptionally well. Well done and I am pleased your loss has been put into perspective! I would love to be a 16-18!

shelleymarie

Well I'd take that telling off any day over put on or stayed the same. Lol seriously congratulations. What an amazing loss and to be 16/18! Fantastic :) x

debbieb

borogirl said:
Hi You have done exceptionally well. Well done and I am pleased your loss has been put into perspective! I would love to be a 16-18!

Thank you .. I think it was because of my initial rapid loss that I was expecting to continue at that pace !... Don't get me wrong , I am still losing weight , but at a more stable rate .x

Paul-H

Hi

Be careful now as you will not only be loosing fat but loosing to quickly also affects you muscle tone as well and of the 9 stone you have lost a good stone of it would be muscle as well. I know this as I did it. Went from 21 stones to target of just over 14 stones in seven months and was quite week by the time I realised what was going wrong with me. I ended up drastically increasing my protein intake to help my muscles, and this has meant a few pounds put back on.

Paul

OOnion

Debbie - I could not work out if you had stolen my identity then...LOL !

While I am a few stone behind you on the looser's bench - our stats down the left hand side are almost identical, we are the same height, started off a few pounds away from each other etc!! Are you feeling fantastic though? I can not believe how much better I feel in myself - mentally and physically! Well done you - who would have thought last Christmas you would be here like this this Christmas - well done!

With my Nurse hat on...as the others say, be careful, make sure you are keeping the protein high as you don't want to be falling over and breaking a hip or something like old people do!! Keep those weight bareing exercises up! xx

Paula1975

Wow fantastic loss x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

debbieb

OOnion said:
Debbie - I could not work out if you had stolen my identity then...LOL !

While I am a few stone behind you on the looser's bench - our stats down the left hand side are almost identical, we are the same height, started off a few pounds away from each other etc!! Are you feeling fantastic though? I can not believe how much better I feel in myself - mentally and physically! Well done you - who would have thought last Christmas you would be here like this this Christmas - well done!

With my Nurse hat on...as the others say, be careful, make sure you are keeping the protein high as you don't want to be falling over and breaking a hip or something like old people do!! Keep those weight bareing exercises up! xx

Lol... You are right , who would have thought that I would be in this position last Christmas !!... I have also met my partner who is 9 years
Younger ! ( whoo hoo , i've bagged a toy boy !!lol ) and we are getting engaged at Christmas :) ....I have not been in a serious relationship for over 20 years !!! XX

chrisa

Well done you have done exceptionally brilliant. Just enjoy the benfits. 16-18 wouldbe my goal. ITS what I was for years and what I was when I left school. xx

Mrs Quiggle

That's brilliant, well done you. It looks so much better when the experts explain it to us doesn't it. And Whooo hoooo go you with your toy boy. I married my toy boy 16 years ago though he's only 3 years younger than me lol.

Kate x

OOnion

Lol... You are right , who would have thought that I would be in this position last Christmas !!... I have also met my partner who is 9 years
Younger ! ( whoo hoo , i've bagged a toy boy !!lol ) and we are getting engaged at Christmas :) ....I have not been in a serious relationship for over 20 years !!! XX

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh how lovely - I would like to find one of those now too - you know a husband, toy boy or what ever is on offer! xx

debbieb

OOnion said:
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh how lovely - I would like to find one of those now too - you know a husband, toy boy or what ever is on offer! xx

I am sure there is someone out there for you , take your time and enjoy looking :) ... I didn't set out to find mine , I was suppose to take my laptop to work to do some course work and found myself looking around in the internet instead !!... And look at me now !! :) ... There were a lot of sceptics out there who said it wouldn't work , but look at me now browsing jewellery shop windows !!... And my fella is so supportive , and as a strange coincidence .. He is a theatre porter and works sometimes in theatres where they do weight loss surgery !!, so he knows exactly what I've been through . X

angiemason

sounds like you are on top of the world with everything xx well done and goos luck for the future too :)

rickysmrs

WOW well done hunnie and congrats on your forth comming engagement. xx