• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Well thats that question answered...

phatmomma

Lately i've been very aware of my appetite and amazed that after having cereal and fruit i could still eat egg on toast after if i didn't show some restriction to myself.

So today i've been hungry, following my weight watchers plan to the t lol.. had my breakfast 2xweetabix with an apple and a slice of fresh pineapple. Had another apple and a banana whilst out doing my two hour walk (at a good pace i add) then for lunch two pieces of bread with ham, beetroot and pickled onions. Still thinking i'm not full grrr

Anyway for tea i used a pack of lean mince to make some weight watchers burgers and made mine smaller than the other 3. Well i had that and a little bit of butternut squash and wham full stomach to the point of thinking a little walk is in order... Couldn't drink anything for a couple of hours. Got home thought i'd use my last few points and have some l/f rice pudding. Well after 2 spoons bang, restriction again, so left it an hour... Well you know what us 'fatties and ex fatties' are like. We dont like waste so i thought i'd have the other 2 spoons. Ten minutes later i ran to the toilet, poor Abi was halfway through doing something in there and had to leave with her kegs round her ankles (tmi i know but i have to stress the urgency of my b/room visit). I thought i was going to barf, not done that for a long long time. Also not felt restriction like that for a long time either. Pure protein, no carbs, wham!

Pouch obviously does still work then :) :) x

Eureka!

Yes Sam, but i don't want burgers for every meal... I'm not even such a big fan of them, just had the mince to use. And to think i thought i might be glad of a bun with it lol x

Hope you didnt think i was being funny Julie, its just that we are told time and time again that protein is the way to go to make our restriction work for us etc etc, but I for one am rubbish at making protein my priority. Your post just shows though that if we follow the "rules" then our bypass is our friend.

Yay! Glad to hear the old pouch is doing it's job :)

This is where I get so confused. If it is protein first - and it fills you up like that, how do you get your "5 a day" fruit and veg in.

I think I am still so naive as
had my breakfast 2xweetabix with an apple and a slice of fresh pineapple. Had another apple and a banana whilst out doing my two hour walk (at a good pace i add) then for lunch two pieces of bread with ham, beetroot and pickled onions. Still thinking i'm not full grrr
Sounds like an awful lot to me, and not THAT different from what I eat now pre op.

If you had had your burger for breakfast would you have been fuller the rest of the day?

Confused.com

Thanks for the excellent reminder Julie. I can't eat burgers AT ALL. One bite and I'm full - restriction to the extreme!! But other meats are fine and fill me up nicely :)

Protein definitely fills me! Fish doesn't as much despite it being quite good for protein but red and esp white meat definitely does..

Whoever was surprised at my breakfast needs to know before surgery i could easily do 4 weetabix and toast after and still head for the choc machine a couple of hours later. You don't get fat eating lettuce..... :)

I'd barf on rice pudding pre-op. UUUUURRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! ;)

julie you would love my moms rice pudding..made the old fashioned way with evapourated milk...all the naughty stuff. Thats why its so good lol .
thanks for letting us know about your restriction, i'm going to be finding 101 ways to use lean mince lol x

Whoever was surprised at my breakfast needs to know before surgery i could easily do 4 weetabix and toast after and still head for the choc machine a couple of hours later. You don't get fat eating lettuce.....

It just sounded a lot for a little pouchy!

No I didn't get fat eating lettuce, or 4 weetabix with a side order of toast !! Must be the crisps, chocolate, cake and cheese or some other word beginning with C. :eek:

I had a pork chop last night with a bit of rice. I could hardly finish the rice and had about four forkfulls. I chewed the chop as much as you are supposed to and was full about half way through it.
Wizzy my dog was over the moon.
He's starting to turn his nose up at dog food (i would too) lol.
Before bed, because I hadn't had enough to eat I had a tablespoon of mixed fruit in natural juice and a low fat custard.
I still feel full this morning but I dont seem to feel in in my pouch, i feel it underneath where the little tummy meets all the internal plumbing.
Lynne x

penguina said:

No I didn't get fat eating lettuce, or 4 weetabix with a side order of toast !! Must be the crisps, chocolate, cake and cheese or some other word beginning with C. :eek:

I often used to think that if you could only eat food that began with one letter I would choose c ! Chips, cheese, chocolate, chicken

lol, i bet quite a lot of dogs are happy with their owners surgery.
Wizzy doesn't put weight on. He has a very active lifestyle, unlike me lol.
Lynne x

This got me thinking, how many post op members now have fat pets.

BigDave

I don't have fat pets (only have a very fussy cat) but I do have a partner that now has to eat 1.5 meals as I rarely finish mine if it has protein in it. I will have to keep an eye on him or get my portions right!

It is important to remember that although its hard to eat a lot early on, some people can eat a lot of carbs the later out you get - I have to watch what I am eating now if I don't want to put on weight and it surprises me some days how much I can eat, but it does depend on what it is - I still feel a lot of restriction if it is protein only, but I can eat a lot of slider foods which are mushy,i.e, chilli, bolognese crackers etc. I also find a meal heavy on carbs REALLY increases my appetite and I eat a lot more throughout the day if I've start it with cereal or bread.

Last edited:
Back