• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

well things are finally on the move!!!!!

linz30

at last things are now on the move i've had my 3 month weigh in found out I lost half a stone which was amazing:) been seen by the dietician a lot now got to go to food for thought which is a group but a bit scared of that lol not to good with groups:( got to go and see the psychologist in September then October for my normal 3 month weigh in I just wanted to ask why do you need to see the psychologist? if anybody can give me a little bit of information on this be much appreciated ;)

Bling Babe

You see them to check your mental health is ok to cope with surgery and often to see if there is a psychological reason for our weight problems and to look at your relationship with food/ reasons why, don’t worry about it, you could learn a lot from it and well done on fab weight loss xx

linz30

Thanks bling babe :hugs:I know I've got a long way to go yet so many hurdles but I'm in the right frame of mind than I've been before, thanks for the info ;)when I do see the psychologist probably find out I'm a nutter lol:p xx

Bling Babe

Thanks bling babe :hugs:I know I've got a long way to go yet so many hurdles but I'm in the right frame of mind than I've been before, thanks for the info ;)when I do see the psychologist probably find out I'm a nutter lol:p xx
Aren’t we all :eek: xx

Parsnip

When I saw the pyschologist is was just a really informal chat x

linz30

Hello all well it's been a tough couple of months sorry i have not been on here for a while well i have had such great news went to see the person who is going to do my surgery at the hospital 2 weeks ago all went well lost a whopping 3 stone which i was very surprised myself he gave me the green light to go ahead with surgery and his very happy with me i come back home today from work with a text asking about can you please phone the hospital about an appointment for a procedure and it seems i have now got my surgery date the 10th of July for my gastric bypass i was in complete shock as the doc said i wouldn't be having my op until november as it usually takes up to 6months but now they said i have to start my liver shrinkage diet tomorrow just wanted to ask peoples views and opinions on this i would really appreciate it guys

Parsnip

Woohoo, congratulations on getting your date. I'll add you to the surgery list. You're two weeks before me so I'll be starting my LRD just as you have your op. Why would you start your LRD tomorrow? Do they need you to do it for four weeks?

linz30

Hi parsnip they said to me over the phone that i needed to start it today because my bmi has gone down a little and as the surgery is in 4 weeks they needed me start it asap i must admit you need willpower lol do you know which plan your going with?I've opted for plan b x

Parsnip

Hi parsnip they said to me over the phone that i needed to start it today because my bmi has gone down a little and as the surgery is in 4 weeks they needed me start it asap i must admit you need willpower lol do you know which plan your going with?I've opted for plan b x
Each hospital has different plans so I have no idea what your plan b is. What are your different options?I'm going to mix mine up by doing different days but predominantly the food plan with occasional shake days I think. I still have over three weeks until I start mine. I only need to do two weeks thankfully.

linz30

Oh sorry parsnip i keep forgetting I'm with walsall manor hospital, plan 1 is skimmed milk/stock cubes/soup without bits/yogurt I'm doing the plan 2 which you can have food by weighing it like 85g of lean meat and fish you can have vegetables and soup also yogurt and milk squash eggs tomatoes toast etc at least with this plan its not so much evasive as the plan 1 they did say that you can't mix the plans you have to stick to one plan so that's the plan I've gone with x

Parsnip

Oh sorry parsnip i keep forgetting I'm with walsall manor hospital, plan 1 is skimmed milk/stock cubes/soup without bits/yogurt I'm doing the plan 2 which you can have food by weighing it like 85g of lean meat and fish you can have vegetables and soup also yogurt and milk squash eggs tomatoes toast etc at least with this plan its not so much evasive as the plan 1 they did say that you can't mix the plans you have to stick to one plan so that's the plan I've gone with x
We can't mix on the same day but we are able to change day by day so I can do one day shakes, on day food, one day soup etc if I wanted. I've attached a copy of my options.
You must be relatively close to me. I'm in Burton, I was referred to Dudley but the surgery gets done at Shrewsbury.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190613-190235_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20190613-190235_WhatsApp.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7

Parsnip

View attachment 21687yours is totally different to mine.
The food one isn't totally dissimilar, seems like my hospital is a bit more generous but the general gist is the same. We don't have the milk diet as an option, my trust don't really like it apparently.

Bling Babe

Hello all well it's been a tough couple of months sorry i have not been on here for a while well i have had such great news went to see the person who is going to do my surgery at the hospital 2 weeks ago all went well lost a whopping 3 stone which i was very surprised myself he gave me the green light to go ahead with surgery and his very happy with me i come back home today from work with a text asking about can you please phone the hospital about an appointment for a procedure and it seems i have now got my surgery date the 10th of July for my gastric bypass i was in complete shock as the doc said i wouldn't be having my op until november as it usually takes up to 6months but now they said i have to start my liver shrinkage diet tomorrow just wanted to ask peoples views and opinions on this i would really appreciate it guys
Yay that’s fantastic news, so exciting, you LRD sound pretty good on the whole, at Luton we didn’t have a choice it was milk all the way, we had to do 4 weeks of the milk diet at the very start of our journey and the same milk diet for 2 weeks pre-op, I didn’t find it to bad to be honest.
I wish you luck and can’t wait to follow the rest of your journey xx

Sarnie

Congratulations on getting your date. I did the milk diet, I didn't get a choice, because our hospital makes you do it at the beginning of your journey for 4 weeks, which I found fairly easy, so the 2 weeks LRD before op was a doddle. x

linz30

Yay that’s fantastic news, so exciting, you LRD sound pretty good on the whole, at Luton we didn’t have a choice it was milk all the way, we had to do 4 weeks of the milk diet at the very start of our journey and the same milk diet for 2 weeks pre-op, I didn’t find it to bad to be honest.
I wish you luck and can’t wait to follow the rest of your journey xx
Thankyou blingbabe I'm inbetween of being excited and a little daunting i never thought i would of had it this early x

linz30

Congratulations on getting your date. I did the milk diet, I didn't get a choice, because our hospital makes you do it at the beginning of your journey for 4 weeks, which I found fairly easy, so the 2 weeks LRD before op was a doddle. x
Thanyou sarnie I'm glad i had the option i find the plan I'm on easy than it would of been with the milk diet x

Bling Babe

Thankyou blingbabe I'm inbetween of being excited and a little daunting i never thought i would of had it this early x
Aw they are perfectly normal emotions, you’ll be fine xx