• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

well...would you believe it...???

mermaid2708

new year...new me!x
so, i swallowed my pride and shaking in my trainers i went for my 1st session at the gym yesterday evening...it was scary as it was so busy (i will be going during the day from now on) and full of fit people, :eek: why did that suprise me?! anyway, i was shown all the equiptment by tony ( :D lovely!!!) and...dont faint now...i bloody loved it :) !!!

back to work atlast tonight...nervous about that too!...how daft am i? ive worked there 3 and half years and know my job inside out...i really need to pull myself together!

Well done on loving the gym, I used to go ages ago and loved it to but then prior to surgery I got out of the habit need to get back into a routine...as for work you will be fine when I have my rest days I always dread the first day back but I am fine once I get there lol....xx

great news Mermaid. Finances (and my knees) prevent me from rejoining the gym at the moment but its something I definitely want to get back into post surgery.

Hope everything goes well at work tonight.

Your ticker is looking great btw. That loss must be really noticeable now. xx

well done on taking thatfirst step mermaid. it willbe all up hill now epecially on that tread mill!!!!
how did yr first day back in work go?
hc

hey Claire well done on braving the gym, i am going to lose another 1.5 stone before i brave it that is my new goal.

How was work, i too did not look forward to going back when usually i am eager to get back into my routine. I bet you got a lot of compliments on your weight loss

Hi
Well done on hitting the gym
Its the only way to fly
Cheers
James

fantastic news on the gym and the work front.

well, i went back to work thurs fri and sat nyts (9.15pm til 7.15am) and it went really well, back in the place two mins and it like i was never away! the gym is going well i have now been 3 times...im not mega adventerous yet...just treadmill and bike...about 15 to 20 mins on each. i am aiming to go 3 times a week, on other days the dog will get dragged round the block an extra time!!! am starting to feel the benefit already...especially in my legs and bum...will have to bite the bullet and do something to else down there to help with the dreaded bingo wings and to stregnthen my stomach muscles in prep for tummy tuck in next couple years. am starting to get compliments now...infact i saw someone in town today who was gonna walk straight past...didnt know it was me, but i feel its mostly facial and my arms and legsthat are loosing at the mo, i am still a big bellied babe...think it will be the last thing to go with me.

That's fantastic - good on you. I think the gym is one of things that is a real struggle to get there in the first place but you really enjoy when you get there and always leave feeling motivated to go again. I'm one to talk though, I've not been for ages!

Well done Claire, I never thought I'd enter a gym again but you lot make it seem so easy to get back in to. Can't wait to get my band, lose weight and feel fit enough to get in there. Great weight loss by the way, you're doing fab. x Gaynor x

hey Claire well done on braving the gym, i am going to lose another 1.5 stone before i brave it that is my new goal.

How was work, i too did not look forward to going back when usually i am eager to get back into my routine. I bet you got a lot of compliments on your weight loss

um...my name is not claire (you are not the only one who calls me this on here!) :copon:my name is nic ...but whatever you call me, i always appreciate your advice and encouragement!!!x

Ops sorry NIC LOL not sure why i have called you claire.

I have just got back from swimming, not only did i managed 2 extra lengths making a total of 22, all except 2 were done in blocks of 4 insteas of the 2 i usually do them in. I plan on building on this over the next few weeks and am dreading my first 'stall' in losing weight. Hopefully this will prevent that.

Thanks Nic i will be going again tomorrow, i have always enjoyed swimming and a couple of people have mentioned how easy i make it look, lol i didnt think i was THAT good a swimmer i just plod along

Back