• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Went top my first WLSG support group yesterday

Mrs_CakeyBun

Joy's the best makeup :-)
:DWent to my first WLSG support group yesterday in Harley Street London and its was really good. I met some lovely ladies there and tho there was only 3 bander's and 7 by-passers we had a good time and it was fab to sit in a room of people that don't judge you and are on the same journey as you are....:D

We did a buddy time thing were you talk to the person next to you and learn about them so you can introduce them to the roup....I discoved I was sitting next to the only other Mini in the group JulieAnn:p we had a good gossip and it was nice to have a face for a name etc..

I met the Lovely LadyH and passed over the minis web address and suggested she pop along as there are so many new friends to be made here and great support and stupidly fun times to be had on here with you guys:p I also passed on the details to the lady the other side of me who's name escapes me but she comes from Ascot (I think) and said it would be great to see her on here too.

We then went on to a presentation about Goal setting and expectation which was very interesting too with plenty of question and answers time spread through. Coleen from WLSG is also a really lovely lady and very supportive and realistic about WLS.

All in all a really lovely afternoon

Glad it went well Wanda. I think its important to have as much support as possible post op.

I agree with Sam - it is important to have the support of like minded people family and friends are brill at support us but as they don't experience the surgical thing/weight loss issue it is nice to be part of a support group and know there are people who know exactly what your going through. Glad you had a lovely day - keep smiling

Wanda Oh so glad you and lady H enjoyed the support group it really is so good to meet and talk to people face to face like you and I did last week it makes such a difference and it makes it all feel real
Lady H I can understand you saying you felt on your own nothing beats real human contact and meeting and talking with people who are going through the same thing and understand the peaks and troughs
Thanks for sharing Wanda and Lady H I know their is a post support group at Luton and will definately attend as although family can be brill it is not the same as those who have been there

Love n hugs Jay xx

Hi wanda, i too enjoyed the meeting and likewise it was lovely to meet a face from minis, also to ladyh i have only just realised from what wanda posted that you too were at the meeting, i just wish i had known yesterday that you were from cambridge too before i posted you on the forum last night. By the way i was sitting next to wanda and had to leave early, just in case you were wondering which one i was. julieann

Back