• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WLSG - they did mine did they do yours?

Is that meeting for people considering the op or just people who have had the surgery already? I noticed it when I was looking at the website earlier.

Hi!

I'm getting banded in Preston this time next week!! Yikes!

I frequently meet up with friends in London, but based in Wiltshire. I think my nearest place for aftercare will be Cardiff...although there were rumours that WLS group were going to take on Exeter too. I used to live and often work in Devon.
Coralie :)

just seen this :) Thats fine we can meet you at Euston, my daughter sometimes comes with me and then pops to a shops while I go to the support group then we go for a wander round covent garden or the shops get a coffee then go home. I have my 2nd fill booked for straight after the group so looking forward to that too.

Should we both wear big red carnations lol

Havent you just had your first fill? Im having mine on Monday.

Euston is a very big place but if we meet somewhere prominent shouldnt need carnations lol remember I have seen your pic's on FB ;)

Maz x

WAnda well done on your weightloss

Jay xx

Is the wlsg for people waiting as well as already had it done???? And is it an open meeting (anyone can attend)

all the best - mejulie x x

hiya ladies the group is for people who have had surgery or are are planning WLS with the Weight loss Surgery group. If your in that group or interested in seeing them give Coleen a call she is really lovely and her numbers on their website she can advise you more just tell her Wanda Hornsey recommend you give them a call and your interested in attending etc.

Yes I had my first fill ( a small one ) last Saturday and having another next Saturday smaller fills closer together can help as they don't cause so much stomach swelling as larger fills do. Obviously this is only any good if your having free fills but it makes the discomfort less. Good luck for your fill on Monday mine was totally painless and its worked as I lost another 3 this week (so thats 3off the 5 i put on over my holiday when i had no restriction at all!) looking forward to seeing how many I shift this week would love it to be 4 then I will be down to 14-7 wow and thats from 17-2 before I went to the clinic....i was worried going to the clinic and was 16-12 at my initial weigh in with them so I go with the official figure of my first clinic weigh in.

Hi Wanda

I dont know what size my band is or if there is anything in it yet so will be very interested to find out!

Also Colleen was not sure if I would need a fill as I seem to have good a level of restriction ?

Anyway all will become clearer on Monday!

Maz x

what can eat and what cant you eat babe? and how much? imagine a small standard wine glass how much in one of those can you eat of mash spuds for instance? and how much of a standard mug of coffee can you drink before its cold?

Hiya

I cannot drink a full cup of tea and for an evening meal if I put out the same amount (roughley) as my 6 year old daughter, she finishes it I dont !

Colleen told me although not fixed in stone around 5-6 tablespoons for an evening meal is fine but I cant manage quite that much.

will be interesting to see how big your band is and what they put in at surgery as you may be just fine.....thats what so great about not having to pay for fills :D

Exactly - we deffo made the right choice! Colleen thinks I may have a fairly small band but Im sure Wendy will have all the info! I didnt get to find out after surgery as I was discharged on a Sunday morning and all of the surgical team had gone home.

I just have to make sure that I dont get into the habbit of snacking!

Do the protein shakes from H & B taste nice, might get some.

I adore the vanilla one its not a bad thing at all to have it every morning ;) not so sure about the others as find them a bit sweet but that ones yum :D

Back