• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what a mistake

tray

well its now been 10 days since my op, i wish i had never had it done, i cant stop crying and feeling like crap, ok im not hungry, but i miss being able to eat what i want to, i know this must be the head hunger people go on about, but its really getting to me, i havent lost hardly anything, and my clothes are tighter now than before my op, my stomach is bigger than it used to be, im so bloody depressed, i read on here how some people are doing so well in just there first week, i know were not meant to compare ourselves to each other but its hard not to, i dont understand why nothing is shifting im only having 1 tin of condensed low fat soup a day and 2 yogurts, plus a couple of glasses of milk i cant seem to get 1.5 litres of fluid in me at all, :cry:

awwwwwwwwwww hun sorry to hear you are having a hard time, i cant comment on post op as, as you know not had mine yet , but i am sure you will look back at this momnt in a few weeks time and wonder why you was worrying x
the reason your stomach will feel bigger is you just had a op and it will be swollen xxx

good luck hunnixx

I wish I could give you a big hug.....Im pre-op also but I am fully prepared to feel as you do now soon after the op. From all I have read on here loads of people feel the same soon after surgery, but the good news is.....It doesnt last!! Im sure someone will be along soon to tell you their experience of it but until then try and stay positive, this is normal, you will feel much better soon. X((HUGS))X

A few days post op I felt the same. But day by day really does get better. I know it doesn't feel like it right now. I threw myself into work (i'm self employed) to stop myself thinking about food which has really helped. try doing something you enjoy, and get yourself out as much as possible. It will pass x

o nooo hun :-( i hope your feeling a little better soon, im pre op so cant comment, i would say you ve just had major surgery so the swelling and fluid rention will still be there.....once this settles and you feel more like you, and the weight starts falling off you ll be feeling fab and think its the best thing you have done..... sending love and hugs hun x

hi tracey i feel for you i am also missing my food so bad i had some mash yesterday and i shouldnt as im suppose to be on liquids only my tummy is also big takes time for the swelling to go down it is a major op you have been through im sure it will get better just hang in there.

Hi

Its very hard to say goodbye to our 'friend' food that has previously given us so much comfort. Its very early days for you but before you know it you will be moving through the stages and be able to eat 'normal' but healthy food.

Sending you hugs in the meantime x

Tracey,
sorry to read that you are feeling so low, my tummy is swollen too and still tender, its bound to be, i hope you will feel better soon with all the messages of support, you have made a life changing decision, i am sure your body and your mind will change very soon
big big big hugs hun

Tray I'm pre op too so can't offer advice - only a big hug.

I'm feeling like crap today and crying all over the shop and I haven't been through the physical and emotional trauma that you have in the last two weeks.

Give your body (and mind) a little longer to heal. I'm sure you'll start to feel better and start to see big benefits.

awww - i hope you feel better soon hun - wait while the weight starts dropping of you. youl be luving it then - get yaself out a little even if its just going for a short walk to the shop and dont be on your own either go visiting friends and family or get them to come to you, this low time will soon pass im sure... im pre op me so i cant realy imagine how your feeling but im sure it cant be easy, hang in there luv!
sending *big hugs* your way:hug99:

Tracey, you poor love.

Although I am pre op too... just be really kind to yourself and treat yourself when you can, my plan will be a facial or something, since I think my stomach will be grieving the loss of what it has got used to.

Any anasthetic can make you feel low and after major surgery, it's weakening.

Please don't expect great jumps, we are all different and healing takes longer with individuals, so just keep positive, look forward and not back and we all have broad shoulders if you need us. xxx

Tray, Sorry u're having a bad time at mo. But please don't let urself get too disheartened. Today will be a distance memory this time next week when u're tummy isnt as swollen etc.

Take care

So sorry to hear you're feeling so low!!

The unfortunate part of WLS is that they dont operate on your head and its can take a little while for it to sync and comprehend what you have physically been through. WLS is a major decision and sometimes we get wrapped up in the whole concept of it 'being the miracle cure' or 'the answer to all my prayers', so to speak. It is a tool to help us help ourselves and after years of neglecting ourselves and putting families first or work or perhaps dealing with difficult situations throughout life we do tend to comfort eat. That is the major cause of most cases of obesity. It is not suprising that you are feeling some sort of seperation anxiety from your comforter. Kind of like a baby that wants its dummy or its mum when it gets upset. we all want to reach out for what comforts us. This is a very normal reaction and also having a general anaesthetic can cause low mood in people post op......It certainly did with me!!
All I can say is that in time you will find comfort in something new. you will learn to disassociate food with comforting you and this is a learning curve that will sadly take a little time. Its important that you talk about your feelings and I hope you have a good network of support around you to see you over the next few weeks cos they will be difficult. I really missed food as I went through the stages of liquids,sloppy etc but once I got past that and felt like I had re-entered the human race again I felt so much better. Hand on in there sweetheart and you will get there in the end....... I promise!! xxx

I am so sorry you feel so down but I know you will feel better soon because what your experiencing I did too. I hated the bl**dy stockings and the injections and the fact that I chose to do it to myself made my mind boogle !! It didnt last long because it didnt take long for me to be well enough to get out and stop wearing the chuffing stockings!! LOL

My weight did not fall off at first and my stomach was huge due to the swelling, but think what you would be doing now if you hadn't had the bypass?? If you are anything like I was, you'd be eating rubbish right now to make yourself feel better. This gets easier I promise, soon you will be so happy that you did it and that you are going to live longer with your family.

Big hugs and take care.

Sally Xx

Tray, you have had some brilliant responses already, so I wont go on and on. Just wanted to say that post op blues are so common, its the anaesthetic as well as grieving for food. The way you feel now wont last long, once you start "eating" again, and start to see the benefits of your surgery on the scales.

Stay strong x

thank you all so much for your kind words, it is good to hear that what im going through is normal. like my hubby said im trying to run before i can walk . i have to take each day as it comes, and work through all the emotions that are bound to come to me . i just want to say that without this site i dont know what i would of done . thanks again for all of your support xxxxx

Tray...as I said to you on Facebook, I felt exactly the same as you, I even begged hubby to put me back how I was before, I totally hated it and couldnt really picture a positive future. By two or three months post-op I began to like my bypass and it has only gotten better with time, I LOVE my bypass now and wouldnt change it for anything.
I hope that better days come along soon and until they do...BIG HUGS...xxx
Steph xx

Oh Tray. So sorry you're feeling so poorly. Hang on in there sweetheart, this has to get better.

You've had some great advice and like everyone else says it's early days yet.
Perhaps as Bev suggested, you could find a different way to treat yourself to help you feel a bit better?

Sending lots of hugs and love your way in the meantime, and please remind me of this in about 3+weeks time when you're beginning to feel on top of the world, and I'm the one feeling miserable.

Lots of love
Charis xxx

Hi Tracey,

I am sitting here thinking of you and hoping that you are starting to relax and feel better.

Hoping that you are feeling comfortable and as the hours and days unfold you will get stronger in every way.
Now and again, I light candles for special friends when they are feeling really down, I am lighting one for you right now.

I hope that you will feel the warmth that is being sent to you and that you will build in some time and space for you to recover... whichever way is best for you... is the best way.

Keeping my candle burning and hope this helps you.

Goodnight & God Bless my Friend xxx

I never really mentioned it to anyone, because I was kind of scared to, but I felt exactly the same. After the op I just didn't feel as if I was going to make it. I thought that it was going to be hell and that I would be a big, fat faliure. About six weeks post-op, I felt entirely different. I am now extremely grateful for my surgery and love the fact that I can get into a size 14 (ok, it's a bit tight - but another couple of weeks and it will be plenty big). I feel healthier than I have in about a decade and am becoming a bit of a gym bore.

Take each day as it comes, hun and it WILL get better. A few weeks from now and you will be in a much happier place. Good luck and make sure you keep trying to neck the water - it really does make a difference xx

Back