• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Chewing Gum

hayley1983

Hey guys,

Very silly question......

Just been reading through one of the sticky threads and someone mentioned that you can't have chewing gum once you've had a band fitted. Is this in case you swallow it :confused: Because I eat sugar free gum ALL the time by habit and I'm a bit worried haha

Thanks

xxx

Hiya

I was told that gum was a no-no. I have a band fitted. According to the information I received, when you chew gum, you swallow a lot of air, which can cause problems with the band. Also, when you chew, you start your gastric juices going, and if you are not swallowing anything of nutritional value, then this can also cause you problems.

I havent had any gum or fizzy drinks for about 14 months now, I just wont take the risks, but others might be different, and I think you might want to discuss it with your provider.

MNL:)

Ooo me is norty, my chews gum quite a bit. I have never had any problems but if you are worried, then don't do it.

I even have the odd fizzy drink now...:eek:

Back