• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what a tease

pmkmrm

:wave_cry::mad::sigh::copon:
hi everyone as some of you know i am waiting for my intitial appointment from chicester and have been waiting for 7 months now.
anyways i posted yesterday saying how fed up i am of waiting and being fat.
today i recieve a phone call from the appointments at chicester biatric unit saying there is a letter in the post saying i have an app. for this friday!!!!!! before she can finish i am practically screaming down the phone with excitement but....
she then goes on to say that the letter is a mistake and the appointment is not for me. i have gone from elateted to deflated in a matter of minutes!!!!!! she did apologise and informed me i should be getting my app. through late april early july!
i am not too disappointed now as the time frame is only 6/8 weeks maxium and i am having a sleep apnea test done on the 31st march so hopefully i will have the results of that to take with me to chicester. one less test to go through
love
kate xx

ahhh what a pain .... i would of asked how could they get people wrong and get an appointment sent out to me that was not meant for me ?? however at least ur having sleep tests and so on done cause they are all the things u will be required to do after seeing a Dr ...

as my hospital said its stupid how u get the go ahead for surgery and they make u wait months and months for that 10 min appointment for the yea and then u have to wait month and months for these tests that you could of been having done while waiting to see the surgeon ..

so at least ur getting some things out of the way hun ..

good luck ..x

How annoying, if your anything like me you check the post and answerphone everyday hoping for there to be an appointment! Like you say at least you can work on only having to wait another 6 weeks or so. did they say you will have a letter end of april for an appointment in july?
Good luck for the sleep apnea test, at least that is one thing that will be out the way x

hey lucylou no when i sopke to the lady she said my appointment would be in april/may. god i hope she didnt mean a july appointment that would be nearly a year of waiting for the initial consultation!!!!!!

April/May is not that bad then - at least it is in sight now!! Good Luck again and fingers crossed you get that appointment SOON! xx

Oh bless ya, but i know how you feel as i was told my opp would be may time but sence through my last test is on the 26th may i dont think my opp will now be happening in may lol. Im doing my sleep test 2night and will be after 2 night 3 tests down and 2 to go but have dates for them both. Hope all goes well hun and you hear something soon xXx

Poor you what a horrible thing to happen...((hugs))...I drove everyone mad when I was waiting...every minute seems never ending and I think I spooked my postman as I was always watching for him coming...things is I NEVER received any letters at all mine ended up being chased up and I was told over the phone even granting of funding and then the surgeons sec rang and told me I was to go in on the saturday for the op...hang on in there chick you will get sorted....xx

Oh Kate, how awful! Its like dangling a carrot in front of you and then whisking it away immediately you reach for it. I'm still waiting for my letter 2 weeks after the initial phone call. I know Shaw Somers has an excellent reputation but I have to say I am not impressed with the administration side of his department. How can an appointment be sent late April through early July? That's a 6-8 week period surely?

How awful for you to get your hopes up like that. Maybe because of it they might squeeze you in nearer, you can hope. Time will soon pass. Keep on Keeping on

Back