• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Exercise

fizzwoods

NEED TO LOSE!
:confused::confused:
Hi, I am still pre-op and due to have my bypass 30th January. My question is about exercise and how soon you can start?? I really worried about my bingo wings!!!! I wanted to start swimming as soon as I could to reduce the excess on my arms.

I am 35, so I hoping I don't have much excess skin. I didn't suffer much with stretch marks when I had my little girl and I was told that this probably would mean that I wouldn't have much??????

Hi hun when I went for my 6 week appointment I asked the question and the consultant checked my scars and said that I could start swimming when I was ready but build it up don't do too much. x

Apart from walking, you do nothing until you have your first pre op appt and your consultant says otherwise.

If you think differently just start a thread asking how many have hernias... That should help you xx

I have started pre op so i am as fit as possible for my op, i may be odd but wanted to have the best chance and as i have lost 50lb already and finding the exercise is helping so far :)

I was told no swimming until cuts had healed about 2-4wks post op if I felt able & then I should use waterproof plasters over them to prevent anything untoward happening especially if any didn't look totally healed,(bearing in mind my cuts weren't stapled but glued).
While in holiday at nearly 5 wks post-op I managed 20+ lengths not in one hit each time I tried but starting with the odd length building to 5 at a time & on up to batches of 10 at a time listening to my body to decide when enough was enough. Pre-op I was doing 30+ lengths in a 40min stint. Since then I have yet to go back returning to work brought its own fatigue & shakes leaving me to scared to go before work incase I felt to tired to work, after work I'd sit & fall asleep initially & then a reduced iron level found at my 3mtg post-op check but not passed on to me or my GP for another 6wks meant I was very tired, convincing myself as I'd heard nothing from the dietitian (as promised) that I needed to do something different, that it was work, no rest in half term, & stress over my eldests ill health & halving weekends taken up visiting him in hospital in Wales where he's at Uni. Finding out I was low in iron & zinc had the result of me having a few days off work as once my brain was told yes my body did have a reason for being so tired decided to stop me in my tracks & make me rest letting the iron tablets have a chance to work. Within a week I was feeling better as the iron kicked in, now I feel able to consider starting the exercise routine finally that I should have been doing for months now but had lots of excuses not to do one way or another. New year, new regime to compliment the newer me.

Back