• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what can you eat post bypass? please

christine1957

Hi im haveing a bypass on tuesday, what should i get in for when i come home ?. What can you eat post opp when on solids as im not sure is everything a no no, like a slice of lean bacon, of bread or will it be chicken and fish all stuff like that. :confused:

You will be given a diet sheet with suggestions, but bread is usually a no no for many months, I am 6 months out and have only been able to eat bread in the past dew weeks.

I made fresh soups then blended then sloppy, bought some small boxes from £1 land and froze them, also had low fat yogart, with only eating small amounts they will last till you go onto thicker food, Good Luck for Tue xx

Hi Chris, I did similar made soups and had dinneres every day to keep up with my veg and protein. Every sunday my dinner was pureed down. Any that was left wasa put in small boxes for the rst of the week so that one meal a day was sorted, I used to get the munch bunch yoghurts the small pots 1 tiny pot will be sufficient for quite a while, i survived also on custard, sf jelly, pureed fruit, milk, weetabix, porridge, but made sloppy. Had think it was 6 portions of protein a day, 2 veg, 2 fruit, 2-3 carbs. your firts meals will be miniscule, teaspoon of potato, carrot turnip whatever else plenty gravy to make it sloppy, fish in parsley sauce, I counted protein as milk, yoghurt , custard, eggs , meat, fish. Never had bread till much further out then it was brown seeded and toasted even now I mainly have it tosated when I have it that is.

I would say, plenty little yoghurts petit filous pots are ideal as well just bug enough, plenty fruit n veg to cook and divide up for meals, cheese to add to meals for a portion of protein, little custard pots low fat, s/f jelly, masdhed potato homemade is best, I froze things like shepherdspie liquidised stew, still use my sunday lunch now for some meals during the week and am well over a year post. x

Thank you i was getting chewed about what i would have to get in, ill get some youghurts in and ask my daughter to do some meals and blend them and put them in the frezer, while im in hospital this site is a good place to find out whatever you need to.

Your provider will give you a post op diet sheet which is important to follow for healing process etc - Wishing you all the best BlueDiamond xx

i got my son to bring me some protein shake he normally takes ..hes into bodybuilding so its low carbs low fat 23 g protein a scoop 2g fat 2g carbs .gonna experiment with it adding to yoghurt soup etc to get the protein in easily .

Back