• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hiya all is there a differance in what you weigh and what time

pinkylin

limit you will be givin for the pre op diet as im hearing peeps bein on it for 2wks 1 wk a month does it depend on what you weigh just askin coz im a bit confused about it all i dont knw how long im goin to be put in mine im hoping only 1wk as i really think i will struggle with it lin.x:sigh::wave_cry:

Hi

It depends on your surgeon Im afraid, your right everyone's appears to be different. Dont worry you will be fine on your pre op, it has to be done to shrink the liver otherwise you risk being opened up and refused surgery.

Good luck x

Exactly as Maryann says, just go with what your dr says. I was on mine 10 days and thought I would struggle but the bthought of making sure my liver was prepared for surgery kept me going. Good Luck. x

thanx girls i thought that might be the case cheers.x

Hi sweetheart , has your surgeon gave you a date yet for surgery? Because Ive just noticed that it hasnt been changed on your details . They only usualy put you on a milk diet if you are getting prepared for your op ready to shrink the liver. I could be wrong though. Gail

hiya gail no im not on milk diet just yet was just askin about it lol impatient or what heheh im due to go for my consultation on the 17th of this month at the spire murryfield hosp and im hoping i wont have to wait to long after that im just a lil bit worried that i wont be bale to stick to the milk diet i knw its to shrink ya liver for the op and i will try my very very best to stick to it coz i need to but just scared i will slip so askin questions to help me lol.x

Hi Pinklin, Ime so sorry I thought that you were going on it as in the next couple of days L.O.L dont you worry about the failure side just think positive we all thought the same as you but hey guess what?? we all made it in the end just focus on the positive side and a whole new you in the near future and its THAT!!! what will get you through. You take care now and good luck for your future surgery. Kind regards Gail.x
hiya gail no im not on milk diet just yet was just askin about it lol impatient or what heheh im due to go for my consultation on the 17th of this month at the spire murryfield hosp and im hoping i wont have to wait to long after that im just a lil bit worried that i wont be bale to stick to the milk diet i knw its to shrink ya liver for the op and i will try my very very best to stick to it coz i need to but just scared i will slip so askin questions to help me lol.x

thanx gail im just really lookin forward to bein healthier and slimmer than ive ever been before lol

I was advised that I should be on the pre op diet for a minimum of 2 weeks but if I could manage longer then it would be fab. I did 2 and a half weeks and lost a stone - the Whittington provide a 1000 calorie a day diet - not the milk or jelly or oxo thing so at least you can eat.

I was advised that I should be on the pre op diet for a minimum of 2 weeks but if I could manage longer then it would be fab. I did 2 and a half weeks and lost a stone - the Whittington provide a 1000 calorie a day diet - not the milk or jelly or oxo thing so at least you can eat.

Oh that's really good to know! I was dreading the milk diet as I can't stand it so the thought of drinking large quantities makes me feel ill! I could have managed a jelly and oxo diet though!

yeh ive heard of the jelly and oxo too my m8 was really lucky tho she went on a 800 cal a day for a wk then the soup and jelly for a wk b4 she had op and that was at macslefield spire hosp.x

Back