• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What did you take in with you?

Scarlet

I am thinking I need to get my bag together, so what did you lovely people take in?

Usually I over pack tooooo much stuff... So for 48 hours in what do you recommend?

Also nighties or pj's??

Thanxs in advance...

i brought in toothbrush and paste, showergel, towel and facecloth, my ipod, my phone
brought in nighties but was in gown the whole time, slippers and dressing gown
brought book and magazine but too dozey to read. lipsol/ vaseline cos ur lips get dry after anaesthetic

I took:
a dry mouth spray from Boots, it was invaluable as it leaves a fresh taste when you're fasting.
2 nighties
dressing gown
slippers
usual toiletries, inc lipbalm and hand cream
towels (they were unneccessary)
ipod
book
NDS (but couldn't concentrate on it)
Knickers and sanitary towels (for some reason it's really common to get your totm just before you go into hospital)
Hope this helps xx

I took lots in! And used...nowt! I had anighty to have op in, spare pair of pj's for that night, toothbrush and that was all I used!

Hey, I just Want to repeat what Sarah said really, I have such irregular periods (pcos) and for some reason started at the hospital! Was a good Job I was prepared!I took a load of magazines my phone and dry mouth spray, it's about 2 quid but my word it's a definite!! The nurses were so nice I left the magazines for their staff room they were so appreciative!

Scarlet said:
I am thinking I need to get my bag together, so what did you lovely people take in?

Usually I over pack tooooo much stuff... So for 48 hours in what do you recommend?

Also nighties or pj's??

Thanxs in advance...

Dry mouth spray! Everything else is secondary. I was so thankful to have that.
Otherwise I took PJs, toiletries, a change of comfy clothes for the drive home, phone and charger, mags and a book, hand / face cream, soft wipes in case it's too hard to have a proper wash, tissue box, slippers, cardigan, bit of cash ( not that I needed that ), earphones for phone (downloaded a movie to watch in case I couldn't sleep). I'm sure I took more stuff but can't recall now. I don't seem to be able to travel light LOL

Also... A pillow!I tookmy memory foam one in and was so thankful! U can also lay it between ur tummy n the seatbelt on ur way home :) x

I took my pillow too, cant sleep without it! Deflatine or similar....book/kindle....MP3 Player....dry mouth spray and obviously nighties or PJ's whatever you prefer really :D XX

Packed:
2 nighties
1 pj
3 undies (totm)
totm products
slippers
dressing gown
2 books
phone
ipod
nds and games
usual toiletries
breath freshener/dry mouth spray
going home clothes
hairbrush
wordsearch
coins
tissues
sugar free squash or ready drink
deflatine
lip salve
dry mouth spray
telephone numbers

At home plan for plenty of frozen/tinned soup.

xxx

Back