• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what do i need for hosp ??

deeby

Hi All
Im going in to hosp on Tues ready for my op on Thurs and im going shopping this weekend to get anything i may need for hospital, any help on this would be appreciated as i really dont know what to take ??
thank
XXX Dawn

• Debit card or cash to pay for bedside TV/phone access from Tuesday evening
  • Clothes to wear Wednesday
  • Wash kit & towel (they'll get you up Friday morning and you can have a shower if you're up to it)
  • NAS squash
  • Dry mouth spray
  • Mobile phone & charger
  • Dressing gown & slippers
  • Something to occupy yourself on Wednesday... book, iPod, laptop ? (there's no wifi so you'll need a dongle for internet access)
  • Knickers for when you're catheter-free ! (sometime Friday)
  • Pyjamas or nightie for when you're drip-free ! (probably Saturday)
If you're admitted to Farnborough Ward (the private wing) be prepared to be moved to a ward after your op...

Good luck hun!

Pretty much what RoseA said but there is a sticky in the FAQ section if you want to have a quick peek about what to take in (also what people took in and what they actually used!) :) xxxxx

Don't forget sanitary towels!
and maybe some Deflatine for wind if they allow you to take it.

Good luck hun!

Pretty much what RoseA said but there is a sticky in the FAQ section if you want to have a quick peek about what to take in (also what people took in and what they actually used!) :) xxxxx

Ok i will thanks hun xxx

Don't forget sanitary towels!
and maybe some Deflatine for wind if they allow you to take it.
Thanks Charis ive just had totm so should be ok re the towels :D xxx

Thanks Charis ive just had totm so should be ok re the towels :D xxx

Surgery can bring on a period though, me and another girl came on after surgery so you just never can tell.

As the boy scots say "always be prepared!" :D xxxx

I dont have periods due to PCOS and I had one after surgery so take something just incase!

What I used from what I took was: sippy cup, NAS squash, baby wipes, iPhone and charger, puzzle book, mini fan, dressing gown, slippers, toiletries, towel, clothes to go home, hair brush, medication, pen, um I think thats it.

Surgery can bring on a period though, me and another girl came on after surgery so you just never can tell.

As the boy scots say "always be prepared!" :D xxxx

Ok !! sold !!! pads it is !! lol thanks Hun xxxxx

I dont have periods due to PCOS and I had one after surgery so take something just incase!

What I used from what I took was: sippy cup, NAS squash, baby wipes, iPhone and charger, puzzle book, mini fan, dressing gown, slippers, toiletries, towel, clothes to go home, hair brush, medication, pen, um I think thats it.

Thanks hun ive started my list for shopping tomorrow. When you say sippy cup do you mean the toddler ones ?? xxx

Yes I'm still drinking from a sippy cup! It's a toddler one from Sainsburies.

:) ok thanks girls, off to the shops i go !!! xxx

Thanks Tina they are on my list :) xxx

Back