• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op shopping

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
Well I know its a while off yet (wahh:() but im going to start shopping for when i come home from hosp.
So I need:

Decaf tea bags
NAS juice
milk milk milk
is slimfast the best protein shake?

what else?

thanks in advance :D

Well I know its a while off yet (wahh:() but im going to start shopping for when i come home from hosp.
So I need:

Decaf tea bags
NAS juice
milk milk milk
is slimfast the best protein shake?

what else?

thanks in advance :D

What have I missed ???? Have you got a date ??? :D:D xxx

unfortunately no :cry:
but as im a skint bint im getting stuff weekly :D mwah xxx

Ohhh ... don't recommend buying milk too early or you could end up with a load of smelly cheese lol :D:D:D Why don't you just buy supermarket saving cards? I have never known one of these to go off, lol xx :):)

Ohhh ... don't recommend buying milk too early or you could end up with a load of smelly cheese lol :D:D:D Why don't you just buy supermarket saving cards? I have never known one of these to go off, lol xx :):)
hahaha no i wont be buying milk!!
but i do want the list even if i do buy stamps or whatever :p

hahaha no i wont be buying milk!!
but i do want the list even if i do buy stamps or whatever :p

Very organised ... once I have a date I am going to do some research & start cooking & freezing small portions. I am hoping they will give me a date on Monday:D fingers crossed xx :):)

Very organised ... once I have a date I am going to do some research & start cooking & freezing small portions. I am hoping they will give me a date on Monday:D fingers crossed xx :):)

oh good luck, cant wait to hear :):):)

so what are u gonna freeze? come on, come on i want ideas :D

oh good luck, cant wait to hear :):):)

so what are u gonna freeze? come on, come on i want ideas :D

Anything that can be blitzed once thawed & is high in protein so probably a pan of stew will do 10 meals, veg soup with egg noodles, cottage pie, fish pie that kind of thing but I need to read my book, Return to Slender to get more ideas & these will only be for when I am on mushies but it will make me feel that I am getting somewhere by cooking up a storm. Any other idea's gratefully received xx

Funny i have started to lol!
So far sorted nighties to fit me.
Potatoe ricer to make ultra smooth mash.
Small pots to freeze small amounts of foods.
So a start :)

I have bought slim fast and that is stocked up in my cupboard. I will also be buying fruit smoothies, I have some weight watchers soups and some low fat hot choc and some Horkicks. Already plenty of Oxo's in the cupboard if I want a beefy drink and plenty of sugar free jellys to have as a drink too. Not started to cook and freeze anything yet, but have bought some small freezer pots ready for this. :D

ill i bought was milk and muller rice, didnt have ne slimfast as i got told it tastes like s**t. mind i might need it after op for protien xx

ill i bought was milk and muller rice, didnt have ne slimfast as i got told it tastes like s**t. mind i might need it after op for protien xx

Can you have muller rice in the first few weeks? I thought that it was liquids only? :eek:

for the pre op i told u could, but u not allowed rice for atleast 3 months after so dont think i can have it then, i have stocked up on soups xx

I have bought slim fast and that is stocked up in my cupboard. I will also be buying fruit smoothies, I have some weight watchers soups and some low fat hot choc and some Horkicks. Already plenty of Oxo's in the cupboard if I want a beefy drink and plenty of sugar free jellys to have as a drink too. Not started to cook and freeze anything yet, but have bought some small freezer pots ready for this. :D

Thanks Neeta very helpful :) you drink the jelly? lol
are smoothies high in protein? and fruit has lots of sugar dont it? what else is high in protein?

you could also buy pouring yoghurt which would be easy to drink or ordinary yogs - low fat of course. I was told that I could have fruit smoothies in the leaflet from the hospital. Hopefully the dietician will be round to see me before I go home, so will check with her and then send hubby on a shopping trip. :D

I think that warm sugar free jelly would be quite nice. :p xx

Tins of Irish stew 59p home and bargain
Weightwatchers frozen mash-nice little portions
Asda 50 frozen spring water ice pops dead cheap
tinned minced beef or lamb
Low fat custard
Sugar free jelly
Ready made pots sf jelly
apple sauce
nas squash
Loads of lentil soup tinned or homemade
Maz x

you could also buy pouring yoghurt which would be easy to drink or ordinary yogs - low fat of course. I was told that I could have fruit smoothies in the leaflet from the hospital. Hopefully the dietician will be round to see me before I go home, so will check with her and then send hubby on a shopping trip. :D

I think that warm sugar free jelly would be quite nice. :p xx

yeah i reckon it will :)

Caren, buy the book, Return to Slender. It really is enlightening & written by a woman who has had the op & lost stones & stones. She is also a food critic & knows all about nutrition. If you have your op before me I could post you my copy & you could send it back to me after ... :D:D xx

Caren, buy the book, Return to Slender. It really is enlightening & written by a woman who has had the op & lost stones & stones. She is also a food critic & knows all about nutrition. If you have your op before me I could post you my copy & you could send it back to me after ... :D:D xx

lol deal :D

As I am going in on Sunday - I have just bought this on Amazon. Thanks for the recomendation Twinkle. xx :D

Back