• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What exercise?

soph3

Hi,

I'm going in for my sleeve in 24 days (can't wait!!) so I was just wondering what kind of exercise people are/have been doing within the first 6 months post op?

Thanks in advance

Soph x x x

A lot of walking and then some Zumba. After 6 months I upped it and do 5 hours of classes a week. I now love yoga :)

Nothing too heavy at first... Overtime just build up... Wish I'd done this when I had my first op... I wouldn't be in this mess now. All the best. X

Hi
I'm only 5 weeks post op & i started the gym at 3 weeks ( but i do have a very physical job), only doing 1 hour x3 times a week, doctor examined me & said wounds had healed so go for it !!!
hope your as quick a healer ;) & good luck

Physical job, swimming and walking. That's it really, at some point I think I will have to start investing time at the gym, but I'm good for now I'm 5 1/2 months out. Been swimming 2-3 times a week since week 4.

Thanks everyone, I will be walking walking walking as soon as possible after getting sleeved, I've always hated the gym (cos of my size) but hopefully once I start losing weight ill feel a but more confident. X

I've been walking more than I used to................ but I know I must do more.
Like Soph3 I've always avoided gyms because of my size and all the beautiful people in leotards etc!! I think maybe I'll try swimming............... lol I'm full of good ideas but hopeless at putting them into practice!!

Back