• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I need help!Liquid stage what I can and cant have.

Muffintop83

Hello all,I could really do with some help off you all,Im 8 days post op and a week into a 4 week fluid stage,I have half a cup of soup twice a day,Milk and water but i have no idea what else i can have?

Can i have hot chocolate made of milk?
Coffee?

Can you all suggest some of the things you had at this stage as im ready to tear my hear out as i haven't got a clue and the booklet(more like a page)Of info i got from the hospital didn't help.

Anything you can suggest id be grateful as im so scared of having something i shouldn't from not having a clue what to have.

BEXS99

Loves this site x
You can have low fat options drinks, low fat horlicks, milk with sugar free crusha, lolly ices, i had mini milk, oxo and smoothies, fruit tube yogarts xxxx

Jay661

Yes you can have coffee made with milk. I also had sugar free jellies and actimell yoghurt drink but the fat free ones.

Miss DeeDee

Post Opper
I had the options hot chocolate, it does fill you, but i still kept it to my 125 ml size - so half a cup - but hubby smooshed it for me so it was lovely and smooth - any strained soups, and orange juice, tea doesnt seem to taste the same - and i dont drink coffee so was a bit limited myself

x

Raynebubble

i was only on liquids ofr 10 days, im now on pureed. but during liquids i had the following...

200ml semi skimmed milk with tablespoon of marvel. and to make it taste nice had no added sugar crusha mix.. or options hot chocolate... or cadburies do a choc brownie low cal hot choc mix which is lush.

tomato soup.. with a little bit of milk added
chicken soup... put through a strainer to get rid of bits.
mushroom soup... again strained.
tea as i dont like coffee

hope this helps a bit, but ive prob just repeated what other people are saying xx

suzie290304

My fav hot choc new cadburys. You can also get fudge, banoffie and cherry as well don't like the cherry but others are lush add a little milk and it gets thicker :) much nicer than options or even the full fat versions x

nichola24

hey xx im into my 2nd week of liquid stage post op, driving me mad!!! am sick of forcing myself to drink the milk i dont even want and eat the soup tht turns nasty with the milk powder :-( cheesy mash on thursday is looking soooo appealing!

as well as slim fast, complan, milk, soup ect i can have smoothies. so pretty much any fruit incl tinned in juice whizzed up with only milk, and strained if needed, is a nice change xxx

phatmomma

Sugar free angel delight, milky coffee but put a spoon of marvel dried milk into it as well to up the protein, sugar free jelly, yoghurts (with no lumps), hot chocolate (low cal ones) nas squash, nas crusha milk shake.....

simplylucy

Diabetic ice-cream, Franks is the name, I got it in tesco. It's lovely with sugarfree jelly!

Freedom frozen desserts are lush too, vanilla, strawberry or chocolate!

Vimto sugarfree squash was a favourite of mine and sugarfree ribena.

Yogurt whizzed up with milk is a nice protein hit. Just watch the sugar levels in the yoghurt.

Diluted pure juices. Tesco do a multipack of juice cartons (mini lunchbox ones). I used these and diluted them 50/50 with water. Again sip slowly and be careful of sugar levels.

A tea strainer is great for cup a soups.

Hope these ideas help.

Muffintop83

Thank you all...Im so sick of the liquid only and Im only 11 days in on a 4 week stretch!....Gah!

Lizzo

Thank you all...Im so sick of the liquid only and Im only 11 days in on a 4 week stretch!....Gah!

Me too, Muffintop! Although I'm now 3 weeks into it! I feel like I never want to see milk and soup ever again! I just bought a pot of Christmas Dinner broth from Morrisons for my Christmas dinner :sigh:.

Just keep looking to the future :D

lyndunkia

Hi,
I'm on day seven of my liquid stage and I feel the same so sick of soup lol! It will be so worth it though. Definately got to look to the future.
Lyndsey xx

benlthewitt

Does anyone know where to get the sugar free or no added sugar crushem's from as the one I got is high in sugar per 100g and cannot find the no added sugar anywhere. Cheers

Tatiana

Both my local Tesco and Sainsburys sell the nas Crusha. It is right next to the normal stuff and the packaging is almost identical.

Tatiana

Raynebubble

yes you can have options hot chocolate and nas crusha as sold in tesco..only comes in strawberry though.. thats the only one ive found x

benlthewitt

Hey all.

Thanks for the advice have looked in my local tesco and only do the full version of that stuff no nas version but will look in Sainsburys though