• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What happens at your pre-op?

NT1977

As the title says really? I am having my pre-ops done in person the day before and on the telephone on the 28th May, just wondered what they check.

How do they know your liver has shrunk enough?

At my pre op, they took some bloods and ran through the procedure.

They wont know if your liver has shrunk until they open you up I'm afraid.

I didn't have any pre-op, I had bloods taken an hour before surgery an that was it :)

I had my pre op today, they took my weight and height, took lots of blood, done my blood pressure, pee'd in a pot, gave me a Clexane injection to do the night before and some anti sickness tablets to take the night before and the morning of and I had an ECG. Yours could be different though :) x

I had bloods taken, height weight and lots of double checking my details/medical history etc.
The most important thing they do at a pre op is to screen for mrsa as I believe. My nurse told me, at this stage, fr me personally this is the only thing that could potentially halt the op.

I didn't have and ECG either then or on the day.
I had another lot of blood taken on the day 3 hour before op- this is to check they have a match should u need a transfusion. That last bit sounds scary but really its just being very thorough! :)

Back