• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what happens?

I'm not sure about your area... but for me, it's a wound check, monitoring of weightloss thus far and general dietary bypass advice... plus continuity of care.

Good luck xxx

Hi guys, i'm doing well thanks, 2weeks out, im on soups,milk,yog ect..haven't been sick once (touch wood)..also having milky mashed pot and flaky fish. Didnt think id be able to eat as much as i am althouth i think solid food will be more difficult but more filling. Would love to eat a piece of toast but feel its a bit early to try that. Scars are healing nicely, have one stitch left in as the nurses couldnt get it out! Went to my docs to get it out and they couldnt either, so ive been told to leave it and let my body reject it in its own time.Since my surgery i've lost 8lbs which isnt a huge amount but im very happy with it. I hope the losses will keep coming. hope you,re all well and keep me informed on how you're doing.Carolx

Hi Carole

Glad you are doing well :) how come you had stitches? I had Mr Whitelaw too and he glued me back together lol

I see you are on the mashed stage I am due to start on monday but think I might be ok to start sooner, I have been fine on milk yoghurt and soup and have no probs with drinks either. How much are you eating? I have always had a problem listening to my body when it tells me I am full so I am unsure how much is enough or too much

When is your post op app I am back on the 26th April.

Hi Debbie, I too was glued but the night after my op the hole where the drain was leaked a lot so they put two stitches there. Before i came out of hosp they took the one out but messed up getting the other one out so now they cant get hold of it to get it out. I too, felt i could go on to the pureed stage earlier and tried cottage cheese, ate half a tub no prob at all. Now, i'm finding mash and thick soups easy to eat. Tonight for dinner i had a 4 pieces of aunt bessies mashed pot and a small fillet of salmon all mashed together with some milk , it was lovely. I was a bit worried that i seem to be able to eat more than i thought but after reading an earlier post on here I see that this is normal as the food slides down, when I go on to more solid food im hoping i'll feel the restriction so i'll know when to stop, also im hoping that a small potion of solid food will fill me . let me know how much pureed food you're able to eat and good luck with everything.Carolx

Hi Carole

I have started a thread about how much is the norm to eat as I am worried about eating too much. I had some tuna and salad cream earlier and that was lovely so tomorrow I am going to try some mash and I have got sausage meat I might mash into it with tinned spaghetti Ooh get me proper food lol

I didn't have a drain so lucky there but I do suffer pins and needles in my leg which I think is from these claxzane injections so glad they finish Sunday.

It's tough learning all this new and I hope I dont mess it up

Glad to hear your doing well carol.
After 30 days on milk I can appreciate your longing for real food...

it appears that everyone worries about the amount they can consume in those first few weeks Debbie.

have the L&D not given you exact measurements/volumes(like with the refeed.)?

Oh yes the dreaded milk it's so nice to have something with flavour and texture again lol

No they tell you what you can have but they don't tell you quantity. The give you menu plans but again it only tells you the amount of fluids Like a glass if milk or slimfast etc for 2 weeks but for week 3 and the mush it doesn't say :-(

Back