• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What has been the hardest thing to adapt to post op?

I too start on mush on Wednesday Charlie... iv just done my asda shop in preparation coz I can't wait!! Lol x

Haha aww u excited? Wots the 1st thing ur gonna have on soft foods? Ive ordered some protein shakes so gna stick to them for breakfast then im thinkin cheese omlette : D gonna go get my shopping tomoro! Do u think potato cakes would b ok with light cream cheese? Xxx

I'm really not sure tbh... I seem to have lost my creativity when it comes to food on the mushy phase... lol
Defo omelettes and scrambled egg for me also going to do some chilly and sweet potato mash in batches. Fat free cottage cheese is on my list too as I find that really filling... I'm dribbling writing this now... lol ;-)

Mmm all urs sound lovely, im sure keep having a nosy on here we will pick things up and learn wot works for ourselfs before we kno it we will be pros wondering how the hell we ever struggled on ideas for meals/snacks and passing on our wisdom to the newbies : ) i cnt wait to get to that stage! I cnt sleep because of my shoulder so im currently writing down the nxt 10 days meal plans whilst on softs n may even start my solid plans so im prepared nite nite huni xxx

I agree with mazza it's finding something to replace the comfort eating when feeling down! And what to drink when u go out with friends (soooo bored of j2o and it's not lo cal so what do you have?!?!) and not drinking alcohol! And mood swings! And wanting to eat more than I can. And having to constantly think about what to eat. Hmmm reading this list I need to fix up and sort my life out!!! X

The hardest bit for me at the moment is to eat/drink slowly. I am so used to gulp water or tea that I have to consciously think that I shouldn't be doing that (even if I probably physically can). A few times I have drunk a bit too quickly and then had weird pressure on my chest - not a nice feeling. At least at this moment (I am on liquid diet) I am not missing the food, so that's good. I will see what I start missing later.

Back