• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What have you replaced food with?

mandym1

Food is a massive part of my life always has been hence why I'm in this mess.

All of you post-op people, what have you replaced food with? For example have you taken up a hobby or a sport?

I worry I will be bored when my drug is taken away :confused:

sex and water, lol

mines rumpy pumpy humpy :D

Oooh heck, we have to replace food with something else?

No seriously Mandy, what makes you think you'll be replacing it? I enjoy food still, i have no intentions of replacing it.

Okay, i've given up the chippy n macdonalds and rubbish like that. But i still enjoy an onion ring with a bit of steak, or some other healthy meal with flavour....

I have however rediscovered a long lost love of shopping. Currently i won't buy anything unless it's Asda or out the charity shop! They don't fit for long so no point in spending a fortune, and it's great when you bag a bargain. I had a beautiful Wallis top for £3 at the weekend and nobody at work will know it's 're-cycled' :)

At a push i'll substitute the food for sex, but only if George Clooney or Brad Pitt becomes available and are up to my high standards :) xxx

I worry about that - what I'll replace food with. I think I must have an addictive personality.
Having said that, I gave up smoking 'cold turkey', no substitutes, and the same with red meat (in all fairness, the giving up of meat only lasted 3 years), but how can I replace food?
I'd think about knitting, but I'm useless! :D

Ha ha ha my husband is loving these answers!

My new addiction is defintely spending hours on ebay looking for smaller sizes.

I'd love more rumpy pumpy but I've worn my partner down!

Now it's cycling or gym.

God you sex starved weight loss peeps!
A doctor told me there are a percentage that turn to drink on a serious note.There was someone on here who admitted to that so be careful.

I have read that it can be more likely that food addiction can be substituted for alcohol consumption after WLS...but presumably if the issues surrounding food that lead to obesity in the first place haven't been addressed? I have had the odd glass but have actually found I can't stomach it like I used to, so another Brucey bonus for me I guess!

Have to be sex again, im afraid so pleased to be getting the implant done on Wednesday!!!!! No babies this early thank you very much ....

Hmmm, Im missing out here I think! I havnt replaced food with anything! I shop lots, but I did that before lol........maybe I need to limber up for some bedroom athletics ;) XX

beer, fags and a bit of hows your father lol No only joking vodka and hows your father in that order lol

Lol.....I was going to recommend going on the Jeremy Vile show then .......... I read your post wrong, I thought it said beer, fags and WHO'S your father :eek: XX

Ha ha ha oh I'm glad you can still drink vodka!

I had lots of sex pre op, the only difference now is that there is somebody else there LOL :D:D

Like the ladies and Mickie here my bedroom antics have increased exponentially post op, but my other food replacements are shopping, the gym, cycling, and three trips most days to Starbucks.

Mandy Im not suprised your hubby is liking the replies, mine is beyond happy with the effects of the weight loss hehehe We have gone from every now and then to most days and multiple times a day some days, so he is more than happy lol God bless him sometimes though, the boundless energy and desire get a bit much sometimes, so warn your hubby to do some stamina exercises in advance hahahaha
Steph xx

Back